Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Dan,

Juro is somewhere in the PNW right now and he has a small number of Solstices with him. He indicated that he would likely be leaving them with the dealers he is visiting. My suggestion is to PM him, as he has his laptop and gets online when he stops for the night, so he could let you know where the rods are.

These were the first production Solstices we have seen. Nobuo brought them over for the Denver Show. I am not sure when the first shipment is due from Japan.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Can't say if Juro is leaving them or what hes doing with them. But we fished together yesterday with Sparkey, Brian L, Leyland. The Solstices are very nice rods indeed, they feel "stronger" that the proto's felt at the Sandy 'clave. It could be they were lined better? Don't know but I'm hoping to get one soon.

·
loco alto!
3,251 Posts
curious Andre, do you recall what lines were matched to the 14'3" ? This summer is getting behind us now, so that gives plenty of time to consider the possibilities until next May/June

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Andre,

The 13'4" Solstice was beefed up, it was the one that we felt was a too soft. I have the original proto and it does not compare with the production rod. The 14'3" and 15'2" models did not undergo any changes.

I will be doing some line testing over the next little while and will post my findings. Juro has spent more time with them - so hopefully he will chime in as well. I have also proposed to the CND Prostaff that we put together a list of our preferences for various rod line matches - Loomis has done it and I think it is a good idea.

I do believe that Juro plans to be at a Clave in Carnation this weekend, it might be a good chance to see the rods. Maybe someone can post the time and date as I don't have that info.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think that the 14'3" is a four season rod when fished with the right line so you would'nt have to wait until May/June. I think the line was the SA mid 7/8.

Back to work it's budget time!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Juro is on the Deschutes and will be at my house friday night. He will probably get on line then.

The NWFFF Casting Competition is at MacDonald Park at the Tolt/Snoqualmie Rivers in Carnation this saturday from 9am,

Leland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.