Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly known as Flyguy9
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on buying a Danielson to go with my yet un-delivered Meiser 14foot MKS 10wt. I thought the 11/14 would work for balance as well as lines from a windcutter to an XLT or Nextcast. Ron Larson thought it would be a bit large and suggested the 9/13 instead. Any comments? Thanks

·
Fishing in the Moment
38 Posts
Lon,

I have the Danielsson LW 8/12 on my Meiser MKS 8/9 and it balances perfectly, so a size up for a bigger rod should be spot on. Best reel I have ever used. Start up is flawless, confidence inspiring with a big fish on. Sold my Big Games and canceled my order for a Galvan.
I'm going to buy another Danielsson!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I agree with Ron in that the HD11fourteen will be a bit large. The HD9thirteen is a perfect size reel for that rod.

The Danielsson reels are truly outstanding products.

Take care,
Chris

(FWIW I have the HD 11fourteen on a 17' Loomis and the LW8twelve on a Meiser MKS 13' 6" 78).

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
To fit those long bellies you will need the 11/14. The 9/13s will not have the capacity. May look a little large on the rod but the weight will not be an issue.

-sean

G

·
Let's make it three straight for the 11-14. A lot of speyfishers have never used the extended belly lines and don't realize just how much room they take up.

·
Formerly known as Flyguy9
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll go for the 11/14. Ron still thinks the 9/13 would be better though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts