Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most damaging thing we can do to our fly lines, leaders, tippets and our eyes is get the current Sun Blockers on them.

This past week, I have been using a new product which eliminates these problems.

It is Ocean Potion's Dab-On Stick - SPF60. You dab it on your forehead, face, throat, ears and the back of your hands. It dries immediately and doesn't run with water or sweat.

It works very well for me, and it is so easy to put on. Also, you never have any leftover on your fingers and hands to get on your lines/leaders/tippets and in your eyes. The tube can fit in a vest's corner, a shirt pocket or your pants pocket.

A tube costs $ 3.00. This something all of our Fly Shop Sponsors should carry and have on their checkout counter.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
it's time!

that's for sure!,and a very timely topic!,,i already have a `lobster child' after a quick little trip to the river :tsk_tsk: ,doesn't take much exposure early on to do a job on you!,we've been rainy/cloudy here for those outside the northwest U.S. ;) you said you `dabbed' it on,,, :confused:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moose, I found it at Walmart in their sunblocker area. It comes in a round tube with a roll on/dabber on the top of the tube when the cap is removed.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hammer, you take the cap off the tube, and there is a dabber/roll on applicator on the top of the tube. I just dabbed it on, and used the top to roll/distribute the blocker over various parts of my face, ears and my neck front, side and back. It dries in seconds and doesn't run nor accumulate.

In 3 days of use/applications once per day. It never ran from my face down into my eyes. When Bullfrog was basically our only option. A couple of times I had to quit fly fishing when that super irritant came done into my eyes via sweat on a hot day. This happened on the lower Rogue one hot day. Fortunately, my wife the nurse was there and had bottle of Normal Saline for her contact lens. She had to use most of the bottle before I was without pain. It was like someone set a sand burr on fire and shoved into my eye.

Also, I use the Solar Gloves, and the tips of the fingers have no material. With this applicator, I can just dab the stuff on the top side of my fingers. It dries in seconds and then I put my gloves on.

Last but not least, when we get the regular sun blocker on our fingers, we are probably telegraphing that scent with every fly, tippet, leader and knot we handle during the day. That probably scares fish away.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I didn't

King Salmon said:
Did you send the email to Walmart requesting that they become a sponser?
Hopefully, the flyshop sponsors we have will stock this product.

However, next week I will send a request to the Manufacturer of the product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts