Spey Pages banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
registered text offender
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if ?...... we first stay away from a political debate, and all use OUR federal boat ramps on the same day. maybe move some barriers, launch some boats, and be good citizens. how many arrests would there be? (none so far on the bighorn, where we have been using a non-barricaded rough launch on federal land that was just taped off)
maybe next saturday?
lawyers, please feel free to talk us out of this, but keep your poitics to yourself. but 20 people at each ramp at the same time on a hundred different rivers? strength in numbers? united we stand? what a statement!! a civilized revolution! crazy, i know, but.....
just thinking what if ?.........

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
easy guys...

...I heard this weird buzzing sound outside this afternoon and I opened the door to have a look and there was this weird looking flying thing that I think I saw in "The Bourne Legacy" hovering a few feet above my front lawn...

...And heck I live in Canada!!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I like the thought MM

Save for BLM (think I got that right) land all the launch/take outs will be State or County run. But I still like the thought.

faE

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have thought about this . What you need to do is very simple and 100% will stop this from future problems.

Step 1 Make note of all ramps that are closed.
Step 2 WORK TOGETHER!
Step 3 Private fund raise purchase said landings and areas back.
Step 4 Use the daily launching funds for up keep.
Step 5 Remember this on voting day. It's not one side or the other please remember this point while heading into that booth. Both sides have messed with you acting like we are pawns in there end game. Closing many things down to make us suffer and for what ? O ya I know to make you think they are in charge you and to blame it on the other guy?? Really?? Sorry this will not work.

BECAUSE THEY WORK FOR US .

Step #6 After or before this is done it is your "choice" head to Wisconsin this is not happening here. "Wisconsin is open for Business"

I just ask that this one stays civil and does not get shut down. Maybe just maybe ?? This will be the perfect area to work together, and not start a some childish pooping flinging match on he said she said.

"THEY" JUST LOVE THAT AND MAKES THE JOB EASY...

"TOGETHER WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL" quote from John Dickinson

Happy Sunday Guys, hoping for the best .

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Private fund raise purchase said landings and areas back.
Why should "we the people" buy back land and improvements that already belong to us "we the people"?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow! YOU are so right! and great point! Sorry I was not thinking this was already purchased via tax money.. just simply take it back.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No body needs to worry, you and I already have it back. You know what the BLM stands for:Bunch of Lazy Men or Bureau Lousy Management. So don't worry go fishing and make it a good day. And don't foreget the bolt cutters!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Step #6 After or before this is done it is your "choice" head to Wisconsin this is not happening here. "Wisconsin is open for Business"
It is happening in WI.
St. Croix/Namekagon waterway landings are all closed off. National scenic waterway....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hmm,, maybe because Its' boarder water way ? ,, Look on this link to see Wisco's Government stand on things.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wisconsin-defies-national-park-ban-removes-barricades

Seems pretty clear to me, but thanks for the tip Matt I will call them first thing on monday morning to get a better understanding and to see if this is an un-constitutional action. My only hope is,, they did break Wisconsin statute with a closure of public land. Then I will post the number here and everywhere I can,,, so you all can return the favor as well.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I would suggest that we all email our representative and let them know it is our land. I have already done this. Im not sure if this link will work. So if someone more PC savy would help me out I would appreciate it.

://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I would suggest that we all email our representative and let them know it is our land. I have already done this. Im not sure if this link will work. So if someone more PC savy would help me out I would appreciate it.

://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
Try this one; http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
You can find all of them including your state reps. I just sent an e-mail to all of them the wankers.

·
Banned
135 Posts
I see the USGS site is starting to close up too. No real time readings for WI today :mad:
Really?? This is what USGS says on their site: October 1, 2013 - Due to a lapse in Federal funding, the U.S. Geological Survey must suspend those parts of its data collection and distribution processes requiring human intervention. However, automated reporting and serving of telemetered data will continue. Users may note some degradation in the quality and completeness of real-time streamflow, groundwater levels and water-quality data from some reporting stations due to the suspension of field calibrations and adjustments, especially as high flows occur, aquatic vegetation becomes dominant, or ice forms in high altitude streams. The USGS will continue to monitor some performance aspects of its network using a skeleton workforce.

Well, today on the WI USGS site current gage height, discharge, and long-term median flow were given for 240 reporting river sites. Click on a targeted river, they even give a graph representation for the past 8 days: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/WI/nwis/current/?type=flow . Click onto any state … same notice but current info on the rivers of that state. Now, if what you stated is true, you need to explain what you mean that there are NO real time readings. Just how often did the federal employees make these reading prior to Oct. 1? It would help a lot if you show what they provided for the month of September … need to see that difference visually. For what’s being reported right now, I would say all that’s really needed is the skeletal workforce. They seem to be doing a good job getting at least the important info out. Just saying.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was surprised to find one launch and two access points on the upper Rogue River here in Oregon (run by the Army Corps of Engineers) gated this past weekend. I saw half a dozen boaters come to the gate and have to turn around. Luckily there is another launch less than a mile downstream that is a state park and was open so no one had to jump a gate to launch.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Really?? This is what USGS says on their site: October 1, 2013 - Due to a lapse in Federal funding, the U.S. Geological Survey must suspend those parts of its data collection and distribution processes requiring human intervention. However, automated reporting and serving of telemetered data will continue. Users may note some degradation in the quality and completeness of real-time streamflow, groundwater levels and water-quality data from some reporting stations due to the suspension of field calibrations and adjustments, especially as high flows occur, aquatic vegetation becomes dominant, or ice forms in high altitude streams. The USGS will continue to monitor some performance aspects of its network using a skeleton workforce.

Well, today on the WI USGS site current gage height, discharge, and long-term median flow were given for 240 reporting river sites. Click on a targeted river, they even give a graph representation for the past 8 days: http://waterdata.usgs.gov/WI/nwis/current/?type=flow . Click onto any state … same notice but current info on the rivers of that state. Now, if what you stated is true, you need to explain what you mean that there are NO real time readings. Just how often did the federal employees make these reading prior to Oct. 1? It would help a lot if you show what they provided for the month of September … need to see that difference visually. For what’s being reported right now, I would say all that’s really needed is the skeletal workforce. They seem to be doing a good job getting at least the important info out. Just saying.
I know, I read that..

The river I plan on fishing tomorrow hasn't been updated since yesterday at 6am, neither have any of the other rivers I keep an eye on regularly....hence why I posted yesterday. Normally..these rivers are updated all day, every day. Looks like some other out of state gauges seem to be real time...so hopefully it''s just a glitch...maybe WI is non essential :roll: I can see them dropping the rivers that don't necessarily cause any flooding concern....but it's still annoying as the usgs site is about as important is at it gets for steelheading.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I was surprised to find one launch and two access points on the upper Rogue River here in Oregon (run by the Army Corps of Engineers) gated this past weekend. I saw half a dozen boaters come to the gate and have to turn around. Luckily there is another launch less than a mile downstream that is a state park and was open so no one had to jump a gate to launch.
Had a fellow from the UK out fishing this afternoon and EVERY AC/BLM access had a locked gate. Even across the river from the Hatchery at the boat launch. So what's the 'maintance' on these places? Empty a garbage can when needed?
:saevilw:

I'm not given to using 'four letter words' but I said a few. I didn't vote for 'Obama' in either election and now I'm reminded why.

fae

·
Registered
983 Posts
Not at all. You have a governor who is defying the feds and putting people ahead of politics.
huh, doesn't seem that way here. He's more concerned with big money fundraisers, visiting factories in china, selling off public land, and giving "grants" to his buddies. The people? Screw the people...

Anyway...I'm just happy my river isn't on federal land, the water's dropping...and there "should" be fresh steel....woot!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.