Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Actually, I didn't but my neighbor is a woodworker and help my with my vision for a rod tube holder. My pandemic project although with the price of wood and out of stock essentials I might have been better to wait. Any rate, it accommodates tube diameters of two, three and one five inch (rod carrier tube). Although not pictured with all current rods, when full it'll still accommodate a few extra newbies.

Soft maple, Oil finish
26" diameter, 6 three inch, 12 two inch, 1 five inch center hole
Black pipe and flange hardware painted oil bronze
Old West hammered head carriage bolts and nuts

IMG_4738.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Looks great! Much better than the cardboard box reinforced with duct tape in my closet, though I guess I should be happy they all still FIT in my closet - barely. The matching depressions in the base are IMHO the crucial feature that puts it way over the top!

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
4,014 Posts
Hope thre is no patent, poaching great job

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Botsari. The bottom was a bit of a challenge between the router and sanding disks. We both found out later there is a router accessory attachment that would have made it much easier than free-handing. Live and learn!

·
Registered
Beulah Burkheimer Meiser
1,612 Posts
Nice job. I’ve been kicking around the idea of building one so I don’t have to have rod tubes piled into every corner of the house.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
jddietrich makes an excellent point! Very nice job. My problem is a get a favorite rod or 2 which come to the front of the stack and I forget what else I have. I AM a woodworker and now you have helped me to realize that I am a bit lazier than I ahve wanted to admit! Next winter's shop project, actually 2 projects both related to fishing are planned, so the rod & tube holder will have to wait to '22. Thanks for sharing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts