Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife just surprised me with a trip to Norway end of March. My first thought is get on Spey Pages. We will be seeing friends in Oslo and up north near Tromso.
We only have 5 days but I'm hoping to get the chance to fish. We will on the coast. Any help with what my fishing opportunities might be, either on the coast or inland would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Michael.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think the only fishing this time of year is ice fishing, Tromso is pretty far north its above the Arctic Circle. If you could talk the wife into pushing back the trip by about two months you might be in business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agreed with john8, summer is an ideal season if you want to enjoy fishing in summer. I have been to Tromso last summer holidays with my friends. This city offers a wide range of fabulous activities to enjoy but fishing is one of my favorite activities to enjoy there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
marine or ice

You might have fantastic fishing in the sea just outside Tromso. Large halibut and the Barents cod coming down towards the Lofoten to spawn. Many guides in Tromso should be able to take you out. The regular tourist webpages of Tromso should be able to connect you with a fishing guide.

If you travel inland for some hours (southeast of Tromsø), there is the chance of ice fishing for large Arctic charr in the national parks (Dividalen and Altevann areas), but you will need a very very long day to be able to get something out of that.

No spey/salmon fishing in the Troms region until late June, I would say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The regular tourist webpages of Tromso should be able to connect you with a fishing guide Large halibut and the Barents cod coming down towards the Lofoten to spawn. Many guides in Tromso should be able to take you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts