Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
A lot of these "who?" rod blanks are built in China, Taiwan, or.

Most can be 'excellent' rods but its still a 'crap shoot' as you have no real idea who rolled the thing and what the 'real casting' action may be for your needs. From a well known Companies (don't know if this is correct, but I suspect) like TFO/ECHO they were probably well done. Probably not 'State of the Art' material wise but heck I'm casting rods that were built back in the 70's and they meet all my 'needs.

fae

·
Registered
221 Posts
Northern Guide

A fishing buddy of mine has a 12' 7" Northern Guide.The rod is almost identical to my Beulah Classic,so much so that the colour is identical and all 4 sections will interchange.If this is not a Beulah Classic blank than its a good copy of it.It may be a copy because it feels slightly heavier than mine and fishes a little different,but I have also reworked the handle of my Beulah so that might be the difference.
Tight Lines
Copsamps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
northeern guide rods

Thanks for the replies guys.
Cops... really? So maybe a Korean blank? How about fit&finish? Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.
Cops... really? So maybe a Korean blank? How about fit&finish? Thanks
Can't remember if the place of manufacture was on the rod or not,but fit and finish on my buddy's rod was excellent.
Tight Lines
Copsamps

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ive got the 15' 9/10 and used it on the skeena this spring with a 650 skagit and 15' T-11 tip.
Its a good rod and casts very well , fit and finish is great , good handle and reel seat.
I might just have to launch the sled at Kasiks and take it fishing tomorow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts