Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For someone who lives in Southern Oregon, it may sound a bit strange, but I think I may have a grand total of one hour's fishing on this stream. And that was time out from the southern Org. scenic tour that takes you to Crater Lake, etc.

New trick is one of our kids/husband threw us the keys to their 2002 31' motor home and said "go forth and play." I think this hummer has just about every toy you could ever (need, is another question:hehe: ) want for comfort, short of a hot tub.

Anyway, said nuts to it and Joan and I are off 'a camping we will go, Aaaaaa camping we will go, hi ho the dairy-ooooooo' in a few minutes for the better part of a week.

See you all again very late Monday, better yet very late Tuesday.
:smokin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Fred,
31 feet, you should be able to keep your rods set up. How many are you taking? once you get all the tackle in will there be any room left for Joan?

Have a nice break,

What about Freds Friday Funnioes, have you got them pre programmed?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just spent last weekend there. Hooked one fish on a waker; may have risen 2 or 3 more. There are pretty good numbers for this early in the season--40 fish in the oversummering hole up Steamboat Creek (Bend Pool) already, and there were 800 fish over Winchester dam by June 15.

Remember, large flies and wakers; no weighted flies! It's GRREEAAAATTTTTT !

Water temp was 58-59 below Steamboat Creek, so no need for sinktips, either.

Good Luck. Be curious as to where you end up parking the rig.

--Bill

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The plan is to stay at the Susan Creek Campground ..

as they can handle larger rigs .... that's assuming I can get Joan off the Bloody phone and into the drivers seat. I/rig was ready to go by 7:45am .... it's now 10:08 am and she's still 'dicking around' trying to get her pocket e mail system to work, and her Clie', and ...

God, if it wern't for sex, there'd be a bounty on them.

Just taking three rods with me this trip.
fae

1 - 4 of 4 Posts