Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BBCT
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it is possible to walk in and fish below upper or lower Bennett dam on the North Santiam? I know you can get there by boat. I've looked at Google maps and it looks possible, but I'm not sure if area is closed to the public. Just looking for options during late winter and springtime.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'f I'm not mistaken.... I've only fished the North Santiam a few times up that way... But I believe if you park at the bridge in stayton, you can follow a trail up river and then at 1 point you cross a small section that's around 2feet deep and you can continue up river to a damn of some sort... All of this would be on the NorthEast side of the river... You'll see plenty of people parked on the upstream side of the bridge... Hope this helps or I'm in the right area.

Jer

·
BBCT
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I fished around the bridge last spring, and I think I know the trail are referring to. I'll have to follow it upstream further than I did.

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anybody know if it is possible to walk in and fish below upper or lower Bennett dam on the North Santiam? I know you can get there by boat. I've looked at Google maps and it looks possible, but I'm not sure if area is closed to the public. Just looking for options during late winter and springtime.

Cheers,
Chris
You are the right track with the trail on the North side of the river from the Stayton/Scio bridge. In the past you could access the river from Pioneer Park in Stayton. The fires in the Santiam canyon have significantly hampered access to the river.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts