Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My uncle in law was recently telling me how his father used to fish the North River and he would like to go back and fish it again so I am trying to get some intel so I can increase his chances of success!

My wife is from NS so we make the trip across country annually to visit all the family so it will most likely happen next fall or even the fall after that... tons of time but I would like to start to prepare now, tie flies, get appropriate tackle ready, find the right window of time etc.

Thank you in advance!

Jonny

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Jonny

Smaller runs then the Magaree and more popular Mid June to early July a very healthy Hike and can be dangerous lots of slippery cliff areas to be had" North River which is open from Sept. 1 to Oct. 31. The North River is only open downstream from “the bench’s pool.”

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have fished it once in the fall, but can't really offer much insite. As I recall I was told it was a bit late for good fishing. I would expect that most of the standard flies would work as they do on other Cape Breton rivers. It was a considerable hike in to the upper pool, and I remember wading downriver to the next pool where I saw fish, but did not connect. I had to bushwack back to the upper pool as I could not find a trail. It sure must have been a hardy bunch of folks to homestead upriver as they had to cut quite a road into the side of that mountain. Beautiful place to see though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts