Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the evening below the ice box hole on the Rogue.
I didnt have any action, for as many winter fish as there are a guy would think the action would be better, any how I watched a meat fisherman hook and land a nice springer, on the 4th there were olny 4 fish over the dam about 20 miles away now we have 500, but to catch one of thoes 500 are preaty slim chances, this fish was even fair hooked, and as silver as a dime, mabye we are in for a run of "Bitters". Now I find myself at the tying bence tying huge Flys...........Nate

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Nate, for a better shot at Spring Kings try moving

down, and across stream, about 1/2 mile at the 'old bridge hole.' Even if the bank guys are shoulder to shoulder around the bridge abutment you're completly out of their (and visa versa) way.

As you're up, and across, from them the end of your drift with the spey rod is still above where all but 'a upper guy' would be casting. Then it's just a case of timing.

You'll need sinking tips for these babies; have a new 11 wt DT coming that I'll be wacking in half for a tip system. You're welcome to the "other half." That way all you need is an extra spool, backing and either buy, or make up tips using lead core line.

On the lead core tips, discovered a whole box of these I'd done some time ago; you're welcome to what ever you want. They range in size from 100+ to 250 grains.

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts