Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK a few more interesting things, and a couple on some fancy reshaped hooks by the multi-talented James Reid, thankyou sir!! :smokin: On that akroyd it was mentioned i shouldn't have brushed the hackle down but i did that to mount the wing and its brushed out straight now, anyway enjoy!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Great work!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Great tying as usual, might have to try the Night Hawk, I really like the one with the Argus wings!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers fine speypagers! May just try a few more doubles as it is legal to fish them here. Anyone have ideas for patterns to suit that double hook? Size 2 Mustad 3582, was given a box of 100 so should at least use some.

Nighthawks seem to be a favourite fishing fly, smaller sizes good for salmon and the bigger ones for steelhead, look forward to trying that starry nighthawk. Will probably just end up in a tree or on a rock or turned into a pretzel like my last batch.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Those Nighthawks are stunners! Truly outstanding examples of one of my favorite patterns.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ur a great tier elegant but simple thank simple one with peacock wing should fish great never under estimate The power of peacock

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Super slick ties, and great patterns

Thanks for sharing :)

Mike

·
Registered
997 Posts
Dude, these are all just killer!
Woot!
J.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hold on tight! These flies are tops.

Doug

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
This thread is confusing start date Jul 30, 2015 assuming someone was doing a bit of Archiving

There is top notch suff buried in the closets of SpeyPages for sure

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I don't get it either unless someone is trying hard for ten posts, but I'm glad it got resurrected because that's some phenomenal execution of a really compelling pattern!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts