Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback on the Nikon 5200?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I own the Nikon 4200 and it is an incredible camera

My wife was going to buy the 5200 for me last November for my birthday.

A friend who owned the Nikon 4200 said that she did not see enough difference between the 4200 versus the 5200 to warrant the doubling of the price.

My wife bought me the 4200, and it is an incredible camera. I will probably be learning more in years to come. You can start using it as soon as you charge the battery that comes with it.

These cameras are basically idiot proof and take great pictures if you set the proper scene setting on the top of the camera. This past month I have learned how to crop the pictures and save the end result. We had a incredible Christmas Dinner picture of our older son and his daughter and a terrible picture of a sad sack about 4' away. I cropped the sad sack out of the picture, and we will be printing it in an 8 by 11 format and framing it for his Father's Day present.

This son and our DIL bought me the stand alone Epson Stylus Photo Printer 8320. The quality of the prints is better than any professional prints we have ever had. Combined with the quality of digital pictures taken by the 4200, the results are outstanding. This printer has a small LCD screen to see what you are printing. Also, the pictures of the 4200 can be seen on your tv by using the simple cable attachment that comes with the camera. Sometimes the small screens in the camera or printer don't show any potential problems. A large screen tv does that.

If you use any digital camera on the river, by the river, or by the Ocean get one of the waterproof camera holder bags. There is an economical one that I can recommend if and when you are ready. I can't tell the difference between pictures with or without the bag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts