Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Formerly known as Flyguy9
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any of you get to try Simon's Nextcast lines? If you are into long bellies, they are pretty incredible. The belly is 95' and they turn over better than any that I have cast. I tried the 10wt on several of Meezer's 14 - 16 footers and it worked very well on all of them. I was in SFO for the Jimmy Green event and saw some amazing casts. It wasn't till the Sandy that I realized 3 of the top 10 casters there were using these lines. Simon is a very smart fellow.:)

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
I cast the 9 wt a couple weekends ago and again this last weekend. I liked it alot.
Very positive turn over and easy casting. I can't wait to try the rest of them.
Good job Simon!

·
Norwegian speyfanatic
197 Posts
Interesting. Are these lines only protos, or are they available somewhere? Any more info on the net? Have tried to google for nextcast, but not much to find.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Simon is an old friend and he is coming on as a sponsor soon. These lines are awesome and I cannot say enough good things about them. Look for a speypages review in the next few weeks. Look up nextcastflyfishing.com and he does have a couple models available with the rest coming in the next month.

-sean

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
And they're even reasonably priced at $82.00. There are several lines that I really love to cast, but at $100+++ to $150.00 a pop:roll: , that's waaaaay out of my budget.:cool:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
PHENOMENAL lines! I was impressed when I played with them back at Aaron's clave last year but the real deal was even better.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
strong turnover at distance, and good power into the wind. These lines got back, yet they hide their grains well by good design.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
The Nextcast 9/10 is good enough that I spooled one up on my ULA 4 and just ordered a 16 footer for it.
I think it's safe to say that last Saterday and Sunday that I was casting the Nextcast 9/10 and 10/11 90% of the time with at least a dozen different rods,I wish the Sandy clave was a day longer.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I also think the Nextcast lines are awesome! Even a duffer like me can huck a lot of string. For me the 9/10 was a great match on Meiser's 15'-7/8/9 Highlander.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried one of Simon's lines at the Sandy clave and liked it so much I bought one. We are so fortunate to have so many great lines and rods to choose from these days.

Speystudent

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Does anyone know the weight of the lines? Does the 95' length include the backtaper?

I've got the 9/10 and 10/11 on the way. If Simon Hsieh doesn't post the weights before the lines arrive I will weigh them and post the weights on my website and here.

·
Registered
149 Posts
NEXTCAST 95 lines

Thank you all. It was a great gathering to meet most of you at Sandy last weekend. Just barely recovered from the long drive.

The 95' head length includes the backtaper. For 9/10, the head weight is about 990 grains. The 10/11 is about 1076 grains. The complete line specs including light weights will be posted on website sometime next month.

Hopefully this helps.

Simon Hsieh

·
Registered
109 Posts
Simon - line plus any btips?

I also cast the Meiser 15 7/8/9 with the 9/10 line and was thoroughly impressed. Simon, will the line accept any tips. If so, what type and length do you recommend?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Appears (from posts above) that only two lines (9/10 and 10/11) are presently available. Correct? If so, (this for Simon) anything going on with a 6/7 or a 7/8 for lighter (and shorter) rods?
Fred

·
Registered
149 Posts
NEXTACST lines for tip

SteelFeathers,

The lines is not designed for tip system. Yes, it can be cut for tip (most of tips). Dependng on the cut point, it may reduce the overall length of line. In another words, it may result a bit underload with the match rod. Personally I don't suggest cutting a good line, espacially the hinge effect.

There will be lines designed for tip and winter fishing, but they won't be available until closer to the season. If you want to know the cut point, please email me at [email protected]. I will share with you specifically to your prefered tip system.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
NEXTCAST light weight lines

Fred,

Check back mid-June or early July. We should have some light weight lines in different length avaialbe. I will hook you up when I see you at Umpqua mid July

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cut for tips

Thanks for the advice Simon. Don't think I want to mess up such a fine line by cutting. Prefer using it as intended. Will plan to use with long leader and greased line approach/flies, and also sparse hackled flies, possibly on steelhead irons. Shouldn't have much difficulty getting the fly down, don't you think?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts