Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dom
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their website needs major care... I know some WA and FF comes as full lines but at this point im completely lost which ones comes as integrated. A good reliable dealer for Nexcast out there?

·
Administrator
2,452 Posts
The Nextcast 45 and the O Season 45 are the only integrated lines to my knowledge. If you click on "Integrated Lines" on the site it gives you the details. Click on "Heads" and you'll have all of the options for heads. I have only recently begun to cast the FF70's and I can't say enough good about them. For ME...they are a great line. I have 7/8, 9/10 and 10/11.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Poppy at Redshed..

I'm going to tell you this about the integrated line...(which is how they came originally)...IMHO they were horrible...same color line and head...had to find the rear taper and mark it...thick running line...

Asked for the heads only and they did that...

I am not website savvy either so I talk to Poppy!!!

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,061 Posts
Website does need help, but...

The information is available under the tabs on the home page. The thing that I don't like is the line profile for each type of line is for only one line size within the group and there are no details available on the taper of other lines within the group. There are also some instances where a FF line is used to illustrate a WA line, which seems OK since they are identical except for the cut.

I've stepped out of faith five times and have not been disappointed in any line I've purchased. Second the idea of talking to Poppy.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I have requested a line/rod match up recommendation via the Nextcast website and gotten a response from Simon within a few hours. Their site is a bit dodgy, but the lines are very nice.

There are a couple Nextcast reps and Team Nextcast members on the forum, so if you have a question I'm sure they will jump in with an expert opinion.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Poppy at Redshed..

I'm going to tell you this about the integrated line...(which is how they came originally)...IMHO they were horrible...same color line and head...had to find the rear taper and mark it...thick running line...

Asked for the heads only and they did that...

I am not website savvy either so I talk to Poppy!!!
I’ve got the WA 55 10/11 integrated and the WA 70 10/11 head and actually I prefer the integrated line from the shooting head. Yes I had to mark the runningline with a waterproof marker at preferred point for correct loading, not a big deal. I really like the thicker runningline for fishing and have connected a 0.040” runningline to the WA 70 head. Tried it first with RL 0.035” but did not function as good as the thicker line. Usually I fish floating belly and 15’ sink 3 fronts on these lines and like the resistance on a thicker runningline to secure turning over the fly. If I only wanted to cast small flies or markers just for distance casting on full floater I might consider attaching thinner runningline or monofilament. For fishing the WA 55 (64’) integrated line is my favorite floating belly line. Mostly I fish intermediate belly lines with S3 tip or full sinkers.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
Their website needs major care... I know some WA and FF comes as full lines but at this point im completely lost which ones comes as integrated. A good reliable dealer for Nexcast out there?
The full-lines are an older version to the heads. Longer and heavier than the heads with approx. a 6 foot back-taper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts