Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear tell that a certain steelhead god (yep, the one with the special school) has a new wonder line available, of course only through him. It is called the "Yancy Line". It is claimed to be the best line for single hand use because its superior shooting makes 2-handed rods unnecessary; thus, restoring the "joy of fishing with lighter equipment" to those who pursue steelhead.

This special line is some sort of shooting head of 35' that has a looped 15' front section to which either floating or sink tips can be simply looped and changed as conditions warrent. And let us nor forget the most important "special flat mono running line" this special shooting head with interchangeable tips is attached to that makes it shoot so well.

I do wonder though if he ever heard of the northern California steelheaders who were doing this with their shooting heads at least 30 years ago, or the trout and shad fishers in PA and NY who were doing this for shad and trout in the Delaware 30 years ago. I suppose those CA steelheaders and those trout and shad fishers in PA and NY stole his design and ought to pay him some sort of royalty. Naw!

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I have cast one of these lines and it went one hell of a long ways even with my meager ability. Having said that, I don't believe he has invented anything "new".

The line I tried belongs to one of my customers and was matched with a 9.5' or 10' high end stick. My main interest in this line was the statement that the running line is "annealed" to the head. While I might have missed the annealing part I couldn't find any joining method except a whipped splice.

He at least gives credit to two other people in designing this head system. I just noted that these lines are temporarily unavailable. I am not endorsing anything this guy does but is he really guilty of anything but good old american entrepreneurial hype? Reinventing the wheel is not a crime. :saeek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts