Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After only four seasons use my decision to purchase on the cheap has caught up with me and I desperately need to replace my wading boots.

I tend to fish some pretty jagged terrain which I think has been my current pair's undoing.

Can anyone suggest a brand with a proven track record which can stand up to a bit of abuse?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Flytalk > Open Forum > Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion
Well .. looks like it's time for a new set of boots
Speak to Fred he has a lot of advice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Patagonia boots and gear are built to outlive you. I've used their gear for climbing and serious backcountry use since 1969 (Chouinard Equipment) and for any outdoor activity. It's all bomber, from the Karakoram to the N.west to B.C. I've been there.

They make or made a wading boot which is the only boot I use a regular and beefy
( more support). It reminds me of the shoenard made for doing mixed routes in Yosemite and around the world. No kidding I've jammed some beauty flares getting to steelhead with these and they are indestructable.

I think Simms stole the concept in their "new boots".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out LL Bean's

I've had a pair of LL Bean River Tread Wading boots for about 5 years now and they are still going strong. Mine have the rubber aquastealth sole and carbide studs. They are awesome. They have lots of support for hiking but are not too heavy for all day use. Also, for customer support and service they are hard to beat. You can return anything at anytime, including used items, if you are not happy. If worse comes to worse, you can always send them back for a refund. Good luck!

Trout Madness

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.