Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about what new model of Loomis' Roaring River Series is most similar to their straight glx model...in particular I have the 14' 9/10 glx and I'm getting ready to purchase 2 other models, one stinger and one grease liner....just curious. While I'm at it, has anyone cast the 15' 7/8 grease line or the 12' 6" 8/9? These are the two I'm leaning towards for some summer fishing...any impressions?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try the experts !

Flyjunky,
I`m not sure I can help with your question of old versus new, but I had the opportunity to cast the new 15`7/8 greasedline when Steve Choate brought them to Ireland in April to demonstrate.
I thought it was a fabulous rod, light, powerful, and a joy to fish with, the nicest rod I have tried in a long time.
If you drop Steve (lastcaststeve) a pm, I`m quite sure he would be delighted to assist with your original question, and give you very sound advise.
Best of luck,
Cascade.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi Jacob, What floating line do you use on the 12'6' GLX Stinger? I have one and need to figure out a line that I can use on it for underhand casting with a floating head.
Leroy...................

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi!

I only have the 15´ but i have tried the 12,6´ #9-10, #8-9 and 7-8

My favourite shootingheads floating is: guideline powertaper dual float and loop custom2 float. on the #9-10 you can easely have 32grams :whoa:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jacob said:
Hi!

I only have the 15´ but i have tried the 12,6´ #9-10, #8-9 and 7-8

My favourite shootingheads floating is: guideline powertaper dual float and loop custom2 float. on the #9-10 you can easely have 32grams :whoa:
I used my old 32g shooting heads (Guideline PT's mostly) for one week with my Stinger and for my opinion it was too light for 12,6 9-10. I think couple of grams more could do better. With 32g you have to push for the distance and you'll have difficulties with bigger flies like Conehead Tubes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.