Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Outerhebrides
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after retiring from the single-handed rod courtesy of several high-mileage body parts, I decided to try Spey Casting. It is a familiar tale to many of you. I now lie awake thinking about the shape of d-loops, the speed of setups, the timing of the forward cast, and the "dreaded bloody l', to quote St. Gawesworth. I have temporarily abandoned actual fishing for the joys of learning to cast. It is a great pursuit, and I am thankful to have discovered it. I am also thankful to have discovered this forum, which is remarkably free of the usual venom and snark that generally pervade the net. Thanks. I am also thankful for people like Tim Gelinas, Joe Saracione, Tim Pantzlaff, and Justin Miller at TFS in Redding for their patient counsel and enthusiasm. Maybe there is something genetic here, as my people hail from the pool of the River Ewe in the north of Scotland, where they were crofters and I gather very skilled poachers in the river that runs in front of our ancestral cottage. Tight lines.

·
Outerhebrides
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I am looking forward to learning much from the accumulated experience of the folks on this site.
Outerhebrides

1 - 3 of 3 Posts