Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,I just wanted to introduce myself.I live in Victoria,B.C. on Vancouver Island and consider myself a pretty good single-handed caster.I got my first flyrod when I was 12 years old and self taught myself.I chase sea-run Cutties all year and Salmon from mid-July to November off the beaches and in the rivers.I haven't gone after Steelhead in a quite a few years as most of our rivers on the Island are in bad shape for Steelhead populations.I'm just starting to get into the Spey thing and will be asking beginner questions.I've been reading the forum for the last month and I can see there is alot of knowledgable Spey fishers and also I realize I have a hell of alot to learn.At this point it's almost overwhelming with all the casting techniques,rod/line combinations and of course the amount of money I know I'll be spending.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
welcome!

Happy to have another BC spey convert aboard!

While the spey learning curve can be steep, your background in single hand casting will serve you well and help you along.

Most the the top speycasters in the world are either frequent participants here or check in on the site regularly. Use the search feature to crawl the site for posts made about the things you are interested in, and feel free to post whatever spey-related that's on your mind.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome Cannon, I'm also a newbie of sorts to this forum, and a fellow Islander (Parksville). Lots of 2 hander opportunities on the island be it river or beach, I'll be heading to the Stamp in the morning to try and coax some springs to my fly.

Colin

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome Cannon,
As Colin stated there are lots of opportunities for the spey rod here on the Island. Hey you aren't in the Haig-Brown Club are you? Wouldn't be surprised if we've run across each other already. Anyways if you're ever up for a trip to the river let me know. This site has helped me so much. There is tons of great info in the old posts and lots of people willing to help.
Dan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Stampsteelie,no I'm not in the Haig-Browners but know a few members.I've might of run into you along the beaches of E.C.V.I. fishing for Pinks and Coho.It's been quite a while since I fished the Stamp.I've fished it for summer and winter runs and Springs and would like to try it for Coho in the near future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.