Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been fly fishing for about 20 years. Took up the 2 handed rod a year ago. I love to cast so I thought this would be an easy transition. I was wrong! I watched Youtube, went to the river to practice. Over and over and over and over again. Took about a month to get the feel! I practiced/fished 6 days a week 3-4 hours a day from April to November. I wanted that magic 10,000 casts. I have a business so I could get away some every day. I read and experimented with rods and lines. I have a Master's degree so I enjoyed reading and studying about every aspect and could be helpful to those just starting out. I didn't use a single hand rod all year! I am joining to continue to learn and maybe share.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome

I also fish all the same places (except Florida). It's continuous journey. Not many of us in Maine, Hope to see you on the river. Ivan

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep wondering why I waited to take up the 2 handed rod. It's become an obsession. I now have 4 spey rods, a surf rod and a switch rod.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Spey Addiction. It sounds like you’re well beyond any level where therapy might do you any good. Those 12-step things don’t work once you buy a two-handed rod. You had a chance...until that purchase and now you're hopelessly addicted. WELL PLAYED SIR!!! WELL PLAYED

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's funny! Love it. I tell people I have 3 addictions. Coffee, chocolate, and Spey fishing/casting. I love when the running line goes Ker-Chunk! Could have gone another 10-15 ft! LOL Hard to explain this Spey Addiction even to the single hand crowd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts