Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the world of spay, in fact I just bought my first spay rod, I have it set up with a Skagit line. I think I have a cast down pretty good I can cast about 75 feet off my right shoulder consistently, still working on the left side.

I decided to run out to forks with my drift boat to float the hoh river yesterday, we were on the river for about seven hours and caught one king on an egg sucking leech. What can I do to improve the amount of fish I catch? Is there any tips or techniques to be more effective?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Know how deep your presentation is make sure it's the right depth of the fish you are after. The use of different sinking tips will help you get the fly down. Make sure you mend to ensure the correct speed and position of the fly when presented to the fish.

Keep wetting line is the best way to catch more fish.

It's spelled Spey but I don't care how you spell welcome to the addiction!:chuckle:

KC

·
Registered
48 Posts
Use what gives you the most confidence. Really, the fish don't care. The more confidence you have in what you are using the more attentive and better you will be. Of course, flu type also depends on what you are fishing for. But, a leech-type pattern imitates squid too, and steelies like squiddies ;>)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. Thank you for all the help. does anyone make their own sink tips? I have some T20 material and plan to buy some T8 material. What size line should I welded it to? I have a bunch of 8 weight line laying around, Will that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts