Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking through the TFO site and noticed a new spey rod entry for a 12.5 for 6wt. It even has a weight listed as "?." Might this be the affordable trout spey I/we have been waiting for?

$299!

Anyone know anything about this.

ALSO--- Anyone actually cast the Loomis 13'4 for 5/6wt? Thoughts? Compared to the similar weight/length Meiser?

Cheers

joe

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Hey Joe!

didja' move to chitown!?,,or been at the chiropractor afterwhipping that big Diawaia' around?,every time i hear something drop on the ground behind me i think it's a moose turd,or,whatever that damned fly was you mentioned,heehee,how many times have the ferrels stuck,,are you fishing the beast??:hehe:

·
Registered
503 Posts
trout spey

I do hope to try out the Metolius. But right now I am sitting here waiting for the brown truck.

Bob Meizer was kind to send me 3 of his trout spey rods to try out. As soon as I get them to the water and back I will let eveyone know my thoughts. I am going to wear a little of the new off in the next couple of weeks.

Come on brown truck

Skilly:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have both of those rods. The rods are quite different. The Loomis 13'4 5/6 I use a 5/6 Windcutter floating. I will use poly tips on this rod as it seems to handle them okay. As for casting the loomis you need a delicate touch and to have a slow smooth casting stroke to get the rod working. the loomis I use for trout up to about 5lbs.

I also have Bob's 13' 5/6 . I use 5/6 wc w/tips and 6/7 midspey w/tips on this rod. As for casting this rod it is alot more caster friendly. It is a Med/fast progressive rod with good power reserve in the butt of the rod. This rod works well for a number of different fishing situations. Low water summer runs,Searun Bull trout, and fall coho fishing.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts