Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved the new Speycasting DVD featuring John and Amy Hazel. It is is produced by Fly Fish Television and is of broadcast quality. I really enjoyed the instruction, which is very detailed, but designed for begining to intermediate casters. It covers the single and double Spey, snake roll, circle cast, snap-t, and the reverse of each cast. Also includes introductory comments, brief discussion of equipment, and summary. Beautiful scenery on the Deschutes river. Lots of different camera angles and helpful graphics. Overall, a great video! Worth the $30.00.

River Rat

·
Registered
328 Posts
UNderhandcast/Modern Speycast

If you want to see good Underhandcast or Modern Speycasting videos whit Shootingheads, look at The brothers Syrstad from Norway new video Practical Towhandfishing (Praktiskt Tvåhandsfiske) or Henrik Mortensens THe Perfect Cast...

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Re: UNderhandcast/Modern Speycast

Jacob said:
If you want to see good Underhandcast or Modern Speycasting videos whit Shootingheads, look at The brothers Syrstad from Norway new video Practical Towhandfishing (Praktiskt Tvåhandsfiske) or Henrik Mortensens THe Perfect Cast...
There's an old joke Jacob. what do you call someone who can speak three languages? Trilingual

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual

What do you call someone who can only speak one language? American :chuckle:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charlie,

Go to the Fly Fish Television website and look for the "How To" videos and DVD's. You will see the Speycasting video featured. You can order by phone or online.

Hope this helps.

River Rat

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
Re: Re: UNderhandcast/Modern Speycast

Philster said:
There's an old joke Jacob. what do you call someone who can speak three languages? Trilingual

What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual

What do you call someone who can only speak one language? American :chuckle:
Philster, You are darn good at cracking me up:hehe: Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Syrstad video

Jacob has a good point. If you have a PAL capacity video and want a video on "spey"casting the shooting head the first Syrstad video is not a bad choice. Lots of casting and some fishing scenes from the river Orkla in Norway.

Knut

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Re: Syrstad video

knutalf said:
Jacob has a good point. If you have a PAL capacity video and want a video on "spey"casting the shooting head the first Syrstad video is not a bad choice. Lots of casting and some fishing scenes from the river Orkla in Norway.

Knut
Knut, you raise a good question. I know the European VCR's work off a different system than the US ones. Same for DVD's?
fae

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep!

But there are sites with "cheat codes" for turning you DVD player into a multi-region one. The Syrstad DVD sells for about $40 here in Sweden though.

·
cast,mend,stumble,swear..
194 Posts
I was wondering when...

someone else would discover this instructional DVD... last summer, took lessons from John and Amy out of their deschutes river fly shop. awesome instructors, highly recommend them for newbies, or others who want to polish up a casting stroke/technique. put my name on the list for the DVD when they mentioned it coming out. like it very much, helpful for someone who lives to damn far away from good water... can always dream i guess....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts