Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first spey set-up and am working at learning to throw line. I have a Loop Blue line 14 ft 9#. The shop I bought it from recommended a Rio Windcutter multi-tip sysatem (9wt) which I purchased. I have spent the last three days on the Stave (mainly cause there's no one around) practicing. My problem is I can't get the line airborn on the forecast. I can get a decent anchor, mouse and D loop but the rod never seems to load for me. If this was a single hand rod I would say it feels like it is seriously under-lined. Before I go back to the shop and complain about the line weight I would appreciate hearing if anyone has experience with the Loop model I have and what weight line you are using. Hope this isn't too confusing.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Have you overhead cast the outfit, and if so how does it feel?

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
WOW -

proffessori, looks like you hit the jackpot with post #1! That just might be the luckiest 'first cast' ever :)

Dana said:
Welcome to the Speyclave!

That combination should be fine--Simon at RIO recommends it on their site, and I have used it as well.

I live in Vancouver. Email me directly at [email protected] and we'll do some casting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts