Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around and noticed that SA snuck some new lines out the door that I have not seen mentioned here.

Looks like there are new 5wt, 6wt and competition XLTs. Very cool to see an 80' head 5 wt line.

Also they have a new line called the Spey Classic which looks like a mid bellyish line. Anyone have a chance to cast these yet?

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...s/Fly-Fishing/Products/Spey/MasteryLines/XLT/

-sean

·
Registered
180 Posts
I agree both lines look interesting. 3 weeks ago, I emailed SA to get specs on the new lines (mostly grain weight). Got back some generic email back which did not answer my question. Does anyone out there?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
SA Line Specs

Bachmann's website has the SA line specs posted. I have them as well and I'm trying to get them posted on my site but my web person is a lazy old devil.:hihi:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Poppy,

I know your site has a mix of old and new XLT info on there. Thanks.

Do you have the simplified new XLT data (head length and grain weights) like you have posted for the old ones:

Old XLT
6/7-85' HEAD-120' OVERALL-790 GRNS.
7/8-90' HEAD-120' OVERALL-880 GRNS.
*8/9-95' HEAD-130' OVERALL-990 GRNS.*
*9/10-100' HEAD-140' OVERALL-1050 GRNS.*
10/11-105' HEAD-140' OVERALL-1265 GRNS.

·
Registered Potamophile
111 Posts
SA Spey XLT for a 5 weight in my hands.

Hey, Sean.

Literally, I just picked up this line at the shop. It was back ordered for a couple of months. If it wasn't blowing 30 mph right now I'd go try it out on my Scott LS2 1205. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
MJC, but the link features not all Spey XLTs , so, where the grains or gramms weight of SA Spey XLT can be found?

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you, MJC!
Now a little bit more, if you don't mind.... Comparing Spey XLT #10 and Spey Xlt Competition - Does deal with the configuration of taper or/and head weight? 'Cause I'd like to learn casting long heads to beat the distance, but I have no heavy rod, only for #10weight.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Thank you, MJC!
Now a little bit more, if you don't mind.... Comparing Spey XLT #10 and Spey Xlt Competition - Does deal with the configuration of taper or/and head weight? 'Cause I'd like to learn casting long heads to beat the distance, but I have no heavy rod, only for #10weight.
RYB,

I thought I had the numbers up for the 11wt (comp line). I just added them to the SA line specs page so you can compare the two lines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts