Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary posted this over on the General forum. Thought I'd copy it here as a lot of folks may be interested:

I will be keeping all of my current lineup of my 1172-1175 trout speys plus I am adding 3 new rods this Spring. 10'8"-2wt. 11'-3wt. and 11'4" 4wt.
All Good Things,
Gary Anderson
Anderson Custom Rods
Tell us more Gary, are these spey action style rods like your 11' 7" ers or are they more like switch rods? Could they double well for euro-nymphing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Trout Switch - Anderson - comments?

I'd love to try out an Anderson 4 or 5wt switch around 11' long. I have a Sage One 7136 but want a smaller/lighter rod for the smaller trouts. Just curious how the action of the Anderson rods might compare to my existing rod. I love spey casting and think I'll need to add a 4 or 5wt rod to the arsenal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
New Trout speys

Yes they will be like the 117 series I have now. So they are small spey rods. I could offer a second tip section that would work well for overhead casting.
All Good Things,
Gary

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes they will be like the 117 series I have now. So they are small spey rods. I could offer a second tip section that would work well for overhead casting.
All Good Things,
Gary
Gary, is there an eta on these "light" speys? Really looking forward to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts