Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Have anyone heard something about a new rod from Norway. We are waiting for the launch of this rod , they are going to "redefine fly fishing".
Do you think it will work with a long bellied line where the top hand is used more than the bottom hand?
My Norwegian is non existant so I could not really understand what the casters were saying in the clips.

The odd fish being returned may help the non Norwegian sales.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting concept. I wonder if the handles are interchangeable?

Thereagain I may choose not to buy one cause the guy in the video killed a salmon....Aye right!!! What is that all about WG?

Political correctness gone mad or what?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thereagain I may choose not to buy one cause the guy in the video killed a salmon....Aye right!!! What is that all about WG?

Political correctness gone mad or what?
Remember you are on an American site where they look at the killing of fish differently from the UK and especially Norway.

It makes little difference to me BUT if I was trying to sell in America I might put up a different video.
You should know you took part in this thread.http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=23078&highlight=norway+catch+release

·
Registered
121 Posts
Point taken but let's review the new design concept for what it is. It may revolutionise rod design in the future ...who knows:Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
886 Posts
"spam spam spam spam..."

Revolutionary or not, they aren't sponsors. I deleted the link and yellow carded the poster.
A bit harsh in your editing you not only removed the hotlink, which I agree is against forum rules, but you also made it impossible for anyone to discover the site in question.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Perhaps,

except that as it is the individual's first post on the site, and knowing that they would have just read our Forum Rules re sponsorship, spam and hotlinks, it just seems a bit beyond suspicious.

If topeti would like to contact me directly to discuss his associations or lack thereof I will be happy to reconsider.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Perhaps,

except that as it is the individual's first post on the site, and knowing that they would have just read our Forum Rules re sponsorship, spam and hotlinks, it just seems a bit beyond suspicious.

If topeti would like to contact me directly to discuss his associations or lack thereof I will be happy to reconsider.
Perhaps but how many people actually read the rules rather than just ticking the "Accept Box" especially when the rules are in a foreign language to the poster.

It's your site Dana you run it as you see fit, I am just a guest, who enjoys the company and tries to abide by the rules.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Links...

Dana,

It's my understanding that whilst it is not permitted to include, in a post, any direct clickable link to the URL of a non-sponsor of the site, it is still possible to type out the website address/name of site so that others may view such (after formally typing said info. into their own browser), but without the 'hot-link' .

If I am incorrect, please advise, so that myself and others don't get into any hot water with future posts.

Mike

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Mike,

yes, you are quite correct. The only time we would get squirmy and step in is if we had a situation (and it does happen from time-to-time) when someone is blatantly using this as a work-around to our sponsorship rules.

Malcolm,

point taken.

However....I stand by the fact that this is his first post, and it is spam (was spam until I edited it). My experience here has been that 99% of all first posts that are spam are made by people that have some association with the company in question. If it was not intended as free advertising, then topeti will PM me and discuss things and if necessary I'll reverse my decision.

I think that's a reasonable, fair and quintessentially Canadian approach, don't you?

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Fairness personified!!...

Mike,

yes, you are quite correct. The only time we would get squirmy and step in is if we had a situation (and it does happen from time-to-time) when someone is blatantly using this as a work-around to our sponsorship rules.

Malcolm,

point taken.

However....I stand by the fact that this is his first post, and it is spam (was spam until I edited it). My experience here has been that 99% of all first posts that are spam are made by people that have some association with the company in question. If it was not intended as free advertising, then topeti will PM me and discuss things and if necessary I'll reverse my decision.

I think that's a reasonable, fair and quintessentially Canadian approach, don't you?
Thanks for the confirmation, Dana.

As it's part of the forum's 'raison d'etre' to share info on new things (& some old tricks!) I have observed that only few times is the line approached or crossed, and it does take but a little extra work to find things, with some clues, elsewhere.

Keep all things in moderation :lildevl:

Mike

·
Registered
640 Posts
I appreciate the great sponsors we have on this site, and do business with them when possible. It's good to see that you're willing to act to protect their investment.

Carl

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Thanks Carl! We try to be fair and balance the need for free flow of information about products with our philosophy of supporting those who support the Speypages.

This is another reason why we do our best to keep our advertising fees very reasonable (some folks would say we almost give it away)--to encourage Spey-related companies to support us and realize the benefit of having great exposure to loyal Speypages folks like you who will support their businesses!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Now that we've all been reminded about 'advertising rules' ..

Point taken but let's review the new design concept for what it is. It may revolutionise rod design in the future ...who knows:Eyecrazy:
(No needling intended Dana.)

What the heck was so 'revolutionary' about the rod?

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Have anyone heard something about a new rod from Norway. We are waiting for the launch of this rod , they are going to "redefine fly fishing".
Having a curved handle looks cool, and apparently it does increase power, but is the blank more like a TFO blank or more like a Sage z axis blank?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi

To be honest- having seen the vids - the rod handle looks a whole lot like a gunstock- not that I have PC objections- simply aesthetic ones- I hate the look:)

I also noticed that the rod designer when "demo'ing" the design in practise , had a casting stroke that laid the rod off to one side ( the casting side) and pulled in towards the pulling hand or offside.

While I don,t have and would,nt suggest that a specific casting style is either demanded or neccessary- that one seems very specific to the handle design and is therefore limited by the design and specific to it. Seems a little less flexible than a standard handle approach.

hope that made sense

Will

1 - 20 of 32 Posts