Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom made Riverwatch Spey Rod built by Bob Clay in Kispiox Valley, BC. 12’3”, 7/8 weight, 5 sided, 3 piece, 2 tips, with spliced ferruls. Dark navy blue wraps with red trim, dark nickel hardware and medium flaming. (This is a VERY handsome rod.) Includes circa 1920 4.5 inch Dingley reel from Playfair Aberdeen, imported from Ireland last fall and came with an original 120 foot olive green double taper silk line which has been painstakingly refurbished this spring and not yet used. Also included are new AirFlo Ridge 30lb running line, 420 Skagit Short, 450 Rage, 480 Scandi, with 2 sink tips and poly tips in a new Finn head wallet. The reel comes with a handmade suede reel case, and the book “D is for Dingley”, which includes the history of this reel, as well as all other known Dingley reels, and information which verifies that this reel is the real deal. The rod's reel seat was custom made by Bob Clay specifically to fit this extra-long reel foot. The rod and reel are balanced perfectly. Only used twice on the Bow River. Casts and fights beautifully. Making other plans so unfortunately have to sell the full kit.

The wait time for Riverwatch orders is roughly one year. Spend a year and many hours searching all this stuff out (if you can even find another reel like this), or have this whole rig tuned and ready to go just in time for fall Steelhead.

My cost: Rod - $2150, Reel - $800, Fly Lines and tips - $275, Silk Fly Line - $100, Head Wallet - $100, Dingley Book - $50, Reel Case - $50, Tax & Shipping - $300

My Total Cost – approx. $3,825

Asking $2,700 USD or $3,000 CAD, shipping and any transaction fees paid by purchaser, payment by PayPal or e-transfer, first to make payment in full gets it. Rod is located in Calgary, AB. I will not be able to respond Sept 4 through Sept 12.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To those who replied to my add, I apologize for the late responses. I thought I would get email notifications when people sent me messages, but I didn't. I will check this page more frequently. Sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts