Spey Pages banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
18,672 Posts
Fantastic Adrian!! You must be so very proud.
Very nice action shot, great background.
(She needs to raise those hands a little. Don't mind me, I'm use to being the dad on the bench) :rolleyes:

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last month, my fiancee suggested we head out to West Virginia to camp for my birthday, so of course I immediately searched out the closest state park to my favorite swing water and loaded up the trout spey!

Once we were out there, she dropped me off at the river and hit the riverside rail trail for a bike ride while I spent the afternoon working through a new-to-me stretch of the river. I was already stoked to get out on bigger water for a day of swinging for trout, but the fun quotient went over the top when she rode up to collect me for the day in time to catch a few shots of me hooking up with and landing a solid birthday fish!

View attachment 373798

Fun to have some action shots for change, but really super cool to share the tug with the lady. Jury's still out on whether "the drug" confers a contact high, but she's at least up for another trip out to the spot this winter now that she know's there's a good bike ride in the cards for her when we go out!

Attachments

·
AJS Reels
455 Posts
Big River

Early summer flows filling the river bank to bank made a 12' spey feel somewhat short, the flow was cold but the afternoon air temp was a balmy 22' C.....and the bows were fresh.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts