Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a new photo thread, as the older one took forever to load because there were so many pages of photos. Please feel free to share your photos of all things Spey.

I got to swing a favorite hole a couple days ago and the conditions were primo. It was cool, overcast and the river had a few feet of visibility. It just felt right. About half way down the long pool, with about eighty feet of line out, I felt a stout tug followed by a screaming reel and next saw a nice fish rocket out of the river, hucking himself into a cartwheel ten feet or so across the stream. As soon as he landed he was back up into the air, this time is a straight vertical ascent. Then he ran straight up river, along the near shore as I reeled furiously to keep a bend in my fourteen footer. The rest of the fight was a short game slug fest, with pumping head shakes, brief burst speed runs culminating in aerial displays. Then I was able to land this pretty double striped buck. In the end he jumped five times and was a very spirited fish and a worthy fighter. He was all colored up to attract the ladies. So I snapped a couple shots, while keeping him immersed, removed the barbless fly, and he swam away strongly, splashing me in the face as he made his exit back into the main channel. Got to love steelhead!

Nate

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fishing for stripers off of Cape Cod with pops a few years ago. This beach has a sand bar within casting distance, and the striped bass go nuts pushing bait into the shallows during low tide. We hit the low tide at sunset, with a full moon coming up. Must've fished until 1 or 2 am, blind casting and hooking up nearly every cast.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts