Spey Pages banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new Olson this week. It's a birthday gift from my wife. It's a 4" raised pillar disk drag model w/ivorine handle in LHW. It'll keep my 9135-4 Burkie company when hunting chinook on the Skeena and Copper. It's my second Olson, the first being a 3 3/4" G&P. I've owned a lot of nice reels but there's nothing quite like an Olson. IMO, they are the best of the best for anadromous creatures.

Attachments

·
Registered
997 Posts
Congratulations on a fine piece of tackle that will no doubt accompany you for many years on your adventures!

James.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Wait, wait, wait just a minute here……

Isn't this the same gal picked out that Burkie for you?

So you have the Burkie, the Olson, and the girl?

You're doomed. Fishless forever.

Steelhead do NOT reward hubris, and I don't see how you are not going to be strutting up and down the riverbank, smug in the knowledge that you won, baby, you WON!!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait, wait, wait just a minute here……

Isn't this the same gal picked out that Burkie for you?

So you have the Burkie, the Olson, and the girl?

You're doomed. Fishless forever.

Steelhead do NOT reward hubris, and I don't see how you are not going to be strutting up and down the riverbank, smug in the knowledge that you won, baby, you WON!!!

Good luck!
You have a point there dude. Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind. But I'm not Greek and I never strut down the bank...

She asked me one time what it was like growing up having a birthday so close to Christmas (Dec. 31). I told her I had deep emotional scars from always getting one present that said: "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!" Apparently, she made a secret vow to correct that injustice.

Yes, she got me a vintage 9135-4 (w/two tips no less) for Christmas and asked me what I would like for my birthday. Living close to the edge, I mentioned that there was this Olson available on Jim Williams' Just Reels website and "it sure would match up nice with that Burkie you bought me sweetheart." Well, there it is...

And yes, I understand the meaning of the Beatles' song: "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make..." So she is gonna get payback BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Your a very lucky man , I knew you had good taste in your reels Mark , but she is a doll , something tells me she's a Bruins fan like her hubby

See you on the water in a few months , I got a new reel coming also , just not going to say anything till its in my hands ,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.