Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.. Anyone heard of this new super material "graphyne", or anything like it???? Sorry folks, couldn´t keep my fingers out of it... Soon we´ll be ALL swept away... Just waiting.... Yours borano20

·
Dom
3,146 Posts
There is a big thread floating around regarding this stuff. I believe Mckenzie made the first production graphine spey rod. I really want to see it for myself if its really any better than todays offerings.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
It would be of interest to discover where these new F1 rods are actually available for sale - the largest fishing store in Europe have no stock & google returns no other stockists :rolleyes:

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a big thread floating around regarding this stuff. I believe Mckenzie made the first production graphine spey rod. I really want to see it for myself if its really any better than todays offerings.
Hello.. Saw the threads, thought "right place for some good quality ranting".. Yours borano20

·
Administrator
18,317 Posts
I for one can't wait for these new fancy "graphynite" rods to advance into the market !!!
Yes, it's true. Then all of you weight conscience anglers that skim the reel down to 1/10 of an ounce finally realize all of your pre-war Perfects, Vom-Hoffes, Cascapedia New Brunswicks, Olson reels, etc., no longer balance these fancy fandango sticks, since they are ubber-light. You find that when you hold the outfit it throws off the balance of your pinky finger. Tragic moments ahead !!!! I will then buy these useless reels from you and you will all be thankful !! Now you will have saved up enough money to purchase a "graphynite-elite" ultra reel that has enough capacity to hold a 12' shooting head that you cut from the back end running line of a WF4F trout taper and together they balance your "graphynite" get-up perfectly to the micron ....

.... and I will no longer have to wait for an Olson reel, William will have them in stock for me .... I will have pre-war Perfects for every day of the week ... Vom Hoffe reels and Bogdans will be fished !!! Exciting times ahead my friends !!! Hooray for "graphyne-nite" !!!!!!!

Wow ... now everyone knows my plan .... I hate when I type out loud .....

Mike

·
Dom
3,146 Posts
I dont believe graphine will make rods that much lighter.

Linear continious fibers dont necessary mean drastically lighter rod. Where its at is the resin content. Now if someone invented resin that is 10 times lighter, then we are in business!

·
Administrator
18,317 Posts
I dont believe graphine will make rods that much lighter.

Linear continious fibers dont necessary mean drastically lighter rod. Where its at is the resin content. Now if someone invented resin that is 10 times lighter, then we are in business!
You're a bubble buster man .....

Mike

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm curious if Gary's new rods have a blend of this super natural powder mixed in them! Very light and the energy through the blank is just truly amazing:Eyecrazy:

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
The real question is:

Will chicks dig it?!

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the new material "graphene" and today I have received three of Scott's new rods, the 15/10wt, 14/9wt and 13/8wt. This is the fist shipment to North America. The rods are beautiul, quality is of the highest order. Even the caps on the rod tubes are engraved. One surprise was the metal tube, since in the past Scott's rods came in a cordoba tube. The rod action is a very powerful full feel with all three rod actions very similar. Scott told me these new rods were debuted on the BBC recently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts