Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just got some pictures of the new Loop reel, that coming in spring 2006.
It comes in three sizes. One for single hand-, and two sizes for twohanded rods.
It has the brake from Evotech reels and also have large arbor hiddend in a classic design.

Attachments

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Lawrence,

Perhaps you should think about becoming a sponsor of the Speypages.

sinktip

·
Registered
234 Posts
well got to try out that new loop classic last weekend at a little spey gathering.. It sure is a sweet looking reel. And yes it does have a click sound.
There were a few commenting with a classic look the handle could have been made with something other then metal otherwise everyone was drooling.

·
Banned
501 Posts
The currently sold new Loop reels looks like pure replica of Danielssn reels. What is a quality of the Loops reels?

·
Registered
77 Posts
What is wrong with a fuchsia reel - I think it will look great with their canary yellow spey rod - very stealthy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Man, tell me about those reels..........
I am going to fish through the whole season wit an Okuma Integrity in order to save ( read: Hide from spouse:saevilw: ) the money to get one.......
Can't wait to put my hands on one of those babies.
E.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi David

I also saw one of the new Feather Weights today, and it looks very nice. Much more like the first one from Danielson.

The brake on the new Loop reels feel very nice and smooth, also when you adjust it hard.

Im looking forward to test them in the upcoming seasson.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Testing FW drag on trout don’t tell you to much about long term durability.
LW or HD is a completely a different story.
My Norwegian buddy who bought New Loop 9-13 and used it for Atlantic Salmon had quickly found that New Loop HD drag, when exposed to strong running fish was jerking and cost him few nice fish.
And he is not alone to have such unpleasant experience on other side of the Atlantic.
Personally I am very happy with my Danielsson LW 8-12. I have used in even on fresh from Ocean Kings and Silver. 100% reliable.

Robert

·
Banned
974 Posts
Peter,

The Burgundy Loop Classic (if it comes in Spey size, say like the old LW 8twelve) is goregous. One has my wife's name written all over it. :chuckle:

David

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Sweet Jesus with the danielsson crap. They are awesome reels and I own a few but this thread is about the new loops.

Loop drags are great and these new reels loop is putting out are fantastic looking and have great drags in them. It is nice to see them innovating after the split. In the end the split looks like it is going to be good for consumers as we now have even more great reels to choose from. You cannot help but like those classics :smokin:

I know quite a few guys out here who have the new loop HDs and they have had no problems. Plus loop has improved them further in the new generations coming out in 2006 so they should be even better.

-sean

1 - 20 of 68 Posts