Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
They look nice indeed, but similar to Danielsson or original Loop designed and produced by Danielsson.
The reel spool is attached differently but the key is a Drag System!!!
If it is a copy of Danielsson I smell court fight in Europe that is a major market for both companies.
I have noticed interesting engraving: “Designed and Developed by Loop Tackle, Sweden.
I guess the reels are produced outside Sweden……

Anyone has on hand experience with new Loop LW or HD , in particular the new ( or the old....) drag sysem?

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,476 Posts
Salmo,

It would appear you have an axe to grind with Loop. I would like to suggest we all wait until the reels are out and in a few hands before we start bad mouthing potential drag problems or predicting legal fights.

sinktip

·
Registered
76 Posts
oooh, the clear one is coooool. It would be weird to pay more for a plastic reel than a metal one.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
No at all.
I own and like two Loop Grey rods and 7 Loop/Danielsson Evotecs.
I just don't like the way Loop screwed up marketing of Danielsson Evotects Reels despite of all promises they made 5 years or so ago.
Now everybody is rushing to imitate the original work and claim they have new innovation.
I can say the same about Microsoft which is looking at Apple and trying to catch up, copy, Apple technology. They are already in legal fight for coping Tiger OSX ideas.
I hope you see my point……..

·
Registered
148 Posts
At least give Loop credit to have the coconuts to try and improve on perfection (the old LWs being perfection)....And I am sure this reel will be every bit as good as the old LW's....and hopefully better so every other reel company has to raise the bar...

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have seen the pictures of new Loop reels .
Anyone had a chance to play with the new HD reels?
What is line/backing capacity of the new HD 9thirteen and HD 8ten ? Are they as good as former Loop Evotecs, currently Danielsson HD 9thireen and 11-fourteen?

Robert

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dana should be able to eyeball them very soon and give us a report. We probably will not have a lingevity answer for a while as people start putting them through thier paces.

-sean

·
Banned
6 Posts
salmo said:
No at all.
I own and like two Loop Grey rods and 7 Loop/Danielsson Evotecs.
I just don't like the way Loop screwed up marketing of Danielsson Evotects Reels despite of all promises they made 5 years or so ago.
Now everybody is rushing to imitate the original work and claim they have new innovation.
Have you even tried the new loop reels? If the new loop reels are not just a copy of danielson but improved, it wouldnt be a imitation.

PS: what promises did loop make 5 years ago?

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Have you even tried the new loop reels? If the new loop reels are not just a copy of danielson but improved, it wouldnt be a imitation.

I will definitely look at them when the reels will be available. Someone from Europe on other thread has already made comments about the new Loop quality.

PS: what promises did loop make 5 years ago?

If you look at who was distributing the Evotecs before (Jeff was involved selling boats, photographic paper. Loop products etc.) Tim Rajeff took over, you can easily judge how Loop was "marketing" its reels in US.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
As soon as the new distributor gets them I will be getting a couple to test out. I am hoping they arrive before my 3 week trip to the Cape Cod so I can test them on stripers. Until that time, I will refrain from making judgements or statements concerning Loop, Danielson or Loop/Danielson.

Salmo I sincerely wish you would do the same... your song is getting really old and is skipping like a broken record. Give it a rest.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Hey Kush

Do you know where a guy in the states can pick up a Loop Quattro line now that the distributorships have been all jumbled around? A buddy of mine was trying to get one, contacted a couple of forum sponsors, but, at least here in the states, apparently for the time being Loop products are a difficult find. The new Loop north America site shows no dealers as of yet.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Moose,

The new NA distributor is here in Vancouver - one of the SpeyPages sponsors - Brian Niska at Whistler Fly Fishing is a Loop dealer and would be able to get you one in a minute. Check his stuff on the sponsor site and he has a toll free number - give him a call.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
kush said:
Moose,

The new NA distributor is here in Vancouver - one of the SpeyPages sponsors - Brian Niska at Whistler Fly Fishing is a Loop dealer and would be able to get you one in a minute. Check his stuff on the sponsor site and he has a toll free number - give him a call.
Thanks, I'll pass that along to my friend.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Salmo I sincerely wish you would do the same... your song is getting really old and is skipping like a broken record. Give it a rest.

I guess you are right Kush.

Tight Lines
Salmo

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Dana said:
Fly Angler Distributing

Phone: 1-604-501-0565

Fax: 1-604-501-0559

E-mail: [email protected]

Rob Charron or any of his staff will be able to help you find a retailer.
I have to say Dana. You are the most graceful pro staffer I've ever seen. Never pushing the stuff, but a great spokesperson for your sponsor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts