Spey Pages banner

new Loop Lines coming...

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  storlaks 
#1 ·
I'm pretty jazzed about the new lines coming from Loop. I just did some test casting of the new Multi Double-Hand Float 9/10 and am hoping to see the new Quattros and Custom II lines in the next few weeks.

The Multi is a one-piece weight forward line for two-handed rods--a "one piece shooting head" if you will. The heads on these lines are slightly longer than the Loop Adapted Shooting heads for the same line weights--the head on the Multi 9/10 is 11.6 meters (38ft), 2ft longer than the 9/10 Adapted head for 14ft rods. The total line length is 30 meters (98ft). The line is two-tone--the head is ivory, while the running line is yellow, making it easy to judge where the head begins. The rear of the head is step-tapered to enhance durability and allow the caster to more easily adjust the amount of line outside the rod tip prior to casting. The Multi comes in floating and clear intermediate versions.

I tested the Multi 9/10 on a Loop Grey 9130. Whether with a long leader or superfast sinking Line Tip the Multi was easy to pull from the water and cast very smoothly with the classic tight loop. The running line was slick yet with enough body to make it easy to handle. The Multi is an excellent all-round shooting head style line system for floating line applications for anyone who enjoys shooting heads but would prefer a one piece line. Add a set of Loop Adapted Double-Hand Line Tips and you're ready for anything.

See less See more
#4 ·
Dana,

You've got me very interested! As the Canadian atlantic salmon and saltwater 2hander seasons get underway I think this style of line will arrive with perfect timing. I am anxious to learn the grain weights.

thanks,
Juro

#5 ·
Dana,
Good timming! I am trying to choose a line for my new Loop blue 8116. The adapted heads have me intrigued but was hoping to try them before I purchased them. That's difficult out here.

I already have a set of Poly tips from airflo, would these new lines work well with the tips I already own?

N I

#6 ·
Hi Dana!

Good reports on the new custom ll lines in Norway, better than the old because of the long front taper on the new. Easy casting and all in all a very good line.
A line i would like to test is the Quattro and there is a Loop demo not far from where i live at may 11 so maybe i'll get to tray it there.
maybe you know the Loopman that holds the demo, Sven kalmar?
A madman whit a rod in his hand, great caster and down to earth.
:hehe:

#8 ·
Loop Quattro

Dana, I, and a few of my colleagues, are very interested in the Loop Quattro lines. Have you any idea when they will be available to buy.

The old Quattro line got the top review in the Uk Trout and Salmon magazine last year, just as Loop announced they would discontinue them, so I'd be really interested to know what they have changed about the line. i.e. cosmetic v profile.

I was using the 11/12 on my Loomis GLX 15ft last week on the R. Dee. Using the fastest tip, fishing into a wind with big(ish) flies, they turn over everytime at distance. Excellent lines indeed.

Hope to see them out soon!

cheers

#10 ·
Perfect. I'll contact Eion.

Just for information, we tested the 11/12 and 10/11 (older)versions last week on various rods lenghts.

For distance casting 35yards plus the 11/12 is the line for most 10/11 15fters. Even on the 9-10 Norway B&W it was excellent.

The 10/11 worked best on the Ron Thompson 13fter rated 9-10.

BTW, what an excellent rod that is for a very small sum of money!!!

cheers

#11 ·
new Loop Lines

the Custom II line weights aren't listed in the catalogue, but these are designed with a new line rating system so that they can be custom cut to various lengths to suit specific casting/fishing situations. As well as being perfect for Underhand casting, I think the Custom II lines have the potential to be excellent transitional lines for longer belly casters interested in learning to Underhand cast with shooting heads.

The Multi and Quattro lines have listed weights as follows (from 2004 Loop English catalogue):

Multi 8/9 Float or Intermediate: 30 grams (462.9 grains)
Multi 9/10 32 grams (493.76 grains)
Multi 10/11 36 grams (555.48 grains)

(note: to convert grams to grains multiply grams by 15.43)

Quattro:

9/10: 575 grains
10/11: 615 grains
11/12: 690 grains

The lines haven't arrived in Canada yet, but we are watching for the UPS truck. I'll let you know when I have them in hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.