Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
has anybody (perhaps Dana :) )tried the new Loop Custom II and compared it with the "original" one?
What's the difference, appart from a longer taper ? Does it feel better?
They say in the Catalog that the Custom II is not suited for heavy flies... If you've tried it can you precise "heavy flies": which hook numbers would you recommend?
I'm considering buying one for my new Loop Blueline 12'4 #8/9 (I was please with the old Custom on another rod, but if the new Custom II is even better... ;-))
And have the Adapted been modified recently? I used to own one (floating) and I was very disappointed with it because of the loops at both ends that thickened the line and made it coil (and the material of the line itself was not so good) ; the Custom I bought after was far better...
Thanks in advance for your answers
all the best
:)

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
You may have to wait a bit for a response from Dana - as he is on the Dean at this moment. Maybe he's trying out the Custom II now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, well, I'll have to wait then. Probably having great fun with those famed steelheads ! What a country ! I really have to try and spend a few weeks there ! :razz:
By the way, talking about the Adapted, has anyone had the same problem with those integrated loops at both ends of the line (thickening the line at the extremities and making it coil at strange angles) , or is it just me and was I unlucky enough to buy a falty line?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts