Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Leroy,

Are they fast-progressive rods like the GLX, T&T, and Loop Green Series? Or are they more of a medium-progressive rod like the Loop Blue, CND Custom, GL3, etc? And what lengths and line sizes?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
If this is the same rod that Leroy had at..

the Sandy 'Clave it's a HUMMER! Grass casting the rod (well, back up a moment) ... Joan and I were heading out to drive back to Ashland and Lee came over and said 'before you go you've got to try this rod.'

He/wife and extrodinary wonderfull folks: so 'sure, why not?'

Couple of test casts to get the feel of the rod .. and pulled all (yes, all) of the line of the reel and it was airborne. No s..t .

Don't know who designed this bit of work, but if it's the same rod, VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on 'the reel thing' (yes, reel, not real) for summer work. Far too many 9wts are too heavy for the Rogue, this puppy could be just the ticket.

:D

And as I have two more Spey rods coming .. if you e mail Joan I'll have to Kill You ... or she'll kill me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
rod action

IMHO would say more medium progressive type of action.
Physical sizes, 12'9' 9 6pc and a14'10 6pc. Have only cast the 9.
Leroy......................

·
Registered
439 Posts
New Lamiglas Spey

The rods are available now. I will have a sample of each with me at the Ashland Clave this weekend.
Leroy..........................

·
"Sing"
51 Posts
lamiglas spey and Leroy

I talked to someone at Lamiglas the other day and I was told Leroy helped design the new Lamiglas Spey rods.

Leroy, will you be in Ashland again in October? I can't make it this weekend but hope to see you again and to try those rods too. Give my regards to Dorothy.

-Sing

·
Registered
439 Posts
October

Sing, Sorry but we will be over fishing the Ronde and the Snake in October. Dorothyt says hello.
Leroy......................

·
Flyfishing Camp Cook
122 Posts
Sooooooo

What are the price ranges on these rods? Heard they were going to be fairly inexpensive. But know how things change from design to production. What price range do these fall under? Will be in the market to buy a few new speys in a couple months. Would be interested in trying them out once I'm healed up. If I like, may possibly buy them.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Worked both of these rods out this weekend.

The thing that really caught my attention (other than both are very nice spey rods) is even the 10-11 is as light as a feather.:D One of the few 'all day' rods in this line wt I've ever seen.

The 9wt? If you didn't know, you'd think you were holding a 7wt rod. Nicely done!
fae

·
Flyfishing Camp Cook
122 Posts
Got pricing

Lami has them listed on their site. Called them a burgundy colored spey. Looks like listed price will be around $500 for them. Not officially listed in the catalogs, but in the "what's new" area.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Had to chuckle when I saw Lami's 'description' ..

of the rod colour. Lee said (internally anyway) they call it "O Positive."
:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
became wellknown?

Does anybody tried them for skagit lines? This weekend we tried Rio's Skagit 7\8 and 9/10... The 12'9 8/9 seemed to cast better with 9/10. It easily raised the belly with Rio's UFS tip #8, made long casts(inspite of not so perfect skagit casting skills) with really sexy loops. But anyway where to find lines, skagit of course, recomendations for Lamiglas rods?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts