Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! New to speypages and spey casting. I love it though. Anyway, I thought I would put up some of what I tie. Started out as any tier would, trout flies, wooly buggers, and small foam flies. Now, well I have the sickness, and found Classic Salmon Flies. I draw and paint as well so naturally my creativity spilled over into the fly tying realm. I love tying big so most of my flies are at least a 3/0 or bigger. Let me know what you think! Any tips or suggestions are always welcome too. There is some amazing talent here and it has already been a blast looking through the flies that have been posted.

The first: The Raptor - 12/0 reworked Mustad hook
The 2nd: The Raptor
The 3rd: Emerald Dancer - 9/0 Mustad bronzed hook. Down Eye.
The 4th: Boulder Ridge - 10/0 Low water vintage Sealy's hook

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few more...

Casa La Parrot - reworked 14/0 Mustad hook - using only parrot, macaw, and cockatoo feathers
Citrus Blast - reworked blued 4/0 Mustad hook
General Practitioner Variant - 3/0 Alec Jackson Spey
Blue Charm - 1.5 Alec Jackson Spey

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zach ! Welcome aboard, what took you so long ?
Thanks Honyuk96. I don't know...been on Facebook a while and heard about this place. Had to come and check it out! For some reason I love tying BIG so I thought I would throw the flies out there and see what everyone thought. Appreciate the welcome.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sexy Blue Charm, indeed.

I have hawks flying around my house that aren't as big as that Casa deal! :chuckle:
LOL. Yeah...that guy is a big one. He is hanging in an exotic bird shop called Casa La Parrot. For the past year they have been collecting feathers that come from the birds that they sell and board. They GIVE me the feathers so I thought that I would tie them a thank you fly!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm lost for words. Awesome flies! Wow!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
These are awesome, the floss work you've done is great. I think the only thing really missing for me is the irons, I would love to see a nice shiny black Japan on there. Not sure If you're familiar with Aaron Ostoj (aofeathers.com) but he sells a recipe for a great finish! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys for your kind words. And yes, it is Casa la Parrot in GR. Love the mitten! As for the japaning you would be right. I do need to get a receipt for that. But for now...grill paint is going to have to do. Thank you for the kind welcome all!

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,262 Posts
I'm late with the welcome to the website post, I thought this was just going to be a normal introduction but Wow! You have some serious art going on there not to mention the tying skills on display. Welcome to the site and now I know to be looking for your posts :)

Ard

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm late with the welcome to the website post, I thought this was just going to be a normal introduction but Wow! You have some serious art going on there not to mention the tying skills on display. Welcome to the site and now I know to be looking for your posts

Ard
Thanks Ard! I appreciate it. Just enjoy creating!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts