Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in my mail few weeks ago and Im very excited to announce that this reel is like any other reel they make is superb quality and full of character. This will go on my 12'8" 7 weight Scott.

It will be replacing my beloved J.W. Youngs Jubilee 5575. I felt like it was time to find her and her sisters a safe place to rest because I won't find another. Someday it might see the light again.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,717 Posts
Very nice

Is the line cage offset or is it just the image/photo and if so what would the purpose be

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is offset. I personally think its made like that for esthetic reasons. I kinda think its cool.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes she is a beauty! I just wonder about the open ported back having a better chance of grit getting on the gear and pawls causing premature wear? Plus the drag knob getting beat up being on the bottom? Not knocking it , just curious about those issues. Killer looking reel and congrats!

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A quick dump will was away any grains of sand that might get in there, I would think. Just gotta be careful. I care for my gear but one thing that excites me is that I can dump it in and that was a problem with some other reels I had.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Tis a beauty! What line do have spooled up? Curious whether it will hold an integrated 63ft 8/9 Gaelforce equalizer.

Jim

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
That's my problem with these exquisite reels - I'd be staying up half the night polishing them!

What's her voice like? I'll bet she really sings, eh?

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tis a beauty! What line do have spooled up? Curious whether it will hold an integrated 63ft 8/9 Gaelforce equalizer.

Jim
7/8 Delta is whats on it. I say its a nice 6-8 weight or even 9 reel for a 2 hander or even a robust switch rod.

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,079 Posts
Ditto on request for interior pictures and...

The online sites that list the reel for sale are all British, but the prices weren't as steep as I thought they might be. Looks like they will be in the same range as the Brit-made Bougles and Perfects. When are they expected here in North America?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts