Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What about this one,a rod made from CARROT fibers and resin,
Might help with fishing in the dark, but you could come back to find a horse eating your fishing rod. :chuckle:
ww.cellucomp.com/
Gordon.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Carrots...

...may I assume that these are Organically grown carrots, and that the resin is from the poppy (aka. opium)...?

I could go for that...who would miss a inch or two out of a section of the rod if you suddenly got the 'munchies' on the riverbank?:Eyecrazy: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Mike

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Eventhough my first reaction was to chuckle at the thought of rods made from fiber that is derived from carrots, after looking at their website and seeing how this fiber compares to carbon fiber, I find myself thinking, "This stuff looks promising." I for one would like to see strong, stiff, and flexible fiber developed from plant material so we could become less dependent on oil-based fibers, even if I have to get used to an orange-colored rod. :chuckle:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
And the next thing you know there's 20 guys in your favorite run all dangling a carrot in front of a school of fish:hihi:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
What will be really cool is 'if they' (whom ever 'they' may be) figure out how to duplicate the web material spiders make. Gather that -relative to size- it's far stronger than steel.

Humm, a 16' spey rod could be used as a fishing 'tool' ... or ... for the pole vault in sports.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
carrots

Hey Gordon I'm amazed that this report is true about the carrot rod, I saw it on the box. it would be a good teaching aid -- use the carrot not the stick!

I got hold of a Carron line for my Norway and its going fine now- the head on the Rio, I was using, was just far too short to load up. Ru in the fishery next week if so i'll drop by and say hello!

Archie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts