Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the new delta lines have a braided core but the new multi tips (same tapper) still have a mono core. Whats up with that? And, why don't they publish the line weights?

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
Rajeff Sports is the keeper of specs. I called them yesterday to ask about the 2006 line weights (their website is down). I was told that the 2006 lines retain the old Airflo weights and lengths. The link to the specs is down with their website, but you can find them on River Run Anglers site

http://www.speyshop.com/channels/notebook/2004/1089700287/index.shtm

I have both old and new lines. The new ones cast like the old ones, but they shoot a LOT better. a whole lot

·
Registered
638 Posts
Steve
What is the diameter of the new running lines?

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
Brian, I'll post measurements of old vs new tonite. The running line diameter is thinner for sure, not as skinny as Snowbee, but frighteningly slick. I have not fished it hard yet to know if it will stay slick down the road.

old airflo: 0.052"
new airflo: 0.045"

for reference, my measurement of a Rio Skagit running line also shows 0.045"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the smaller running line due to the core?

My Airflo Traditional's runing line is 0.051" while the old xlt's is 0.04", no wonder the xlt shoots line so much better.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
I was surprised when measuring running line diameters last night to find that a bunch of my running lines are all right around 0.045" (Cortland, RIO, SA, Airflo). Yet from experience fishing them, I know they vary dramatically in their shootability. The combination of slickness and diameter really seems to add up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Steve,
Does the new (3rd generation) Airflo have .052" holding line, then the step down to .045" running line, as did the 1st generation, or does the head taper directly into the .042" running line? The second generation eliminated the holding to running line and just used .052" for running line. This was on the standard Delta's not the long belly.

Thanks for the info.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts