1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
O Noo, they ported the front plate. But I do like the ivorine handle:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
i dont't know what hardy is doing but they sure are tying hard to price themselves out of the market...900 bucks for the 4"

and they ported the winding plate what a shame... not that i would have paid 900 bucks on one.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
abito said:
i dont't know what hardy is doing but they sure are tying hard to price themselves out of the market...900 bucks for the 4"

and they ported the winding plate what a shame... not that i would have paid 900 bucks on one.
I feel for the Hardy Reps here in the states. The lightweight series (flyweight, lightwieght, LRH) went up about another $100:eek: this year over last years $75 price increase. I don't know what they are thinking either!!

·
Ghetto caster
711 Posts
The new Zane TI, from Hardy, retails for just over $9700 US. I have a tough time believing that you can sell many reels at that price point...

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
sva01 said:
The new Zane TI, from Hardy, retails for just over $9700 US. I have a tough time believing that you can sell many reels at that price point...

Did you type that right? $10,000 after tax? UNREAL!!! The guys at Hardy must be tired of seeing pics from VooDoo of their reels next to rusty old shopping carts and hubcaps on the Grand.

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
yo Jamey, you crack me up

Jamey McLeod said:
The guys at Hardy must be tired of seeing pics from VooDoo of their reels next to rusty old shopping carts and hubcaps on the Grand.
As the snow flies
On a cold and gray steelhead mornin'
A four inch Bougle’ picture is taken
In the ghetto
And the Hardy rep cries
'cause if there's one thing that he don't need
it's another voodoo picture of a Bougle’
In the ghetto

Inspired by Elvis Presley’s “In the Ghetto”

·
cast,mend,stumble,swear..
194 Posts
I don't care WHO you are.....

Jamey McLeod said:
Did you type that right? $10,000 after tax? UNREAL!!! The guys at Hardy must be tired of seeing pics from VooDoo of their reels next to rusty old shopping carts and hubcaps on the Grand.

THATS FUNNY!!! :chuckle: :chuckle:

·
Registered
559 Posts
7141-4 said:
I can get a vintage 3 3/4 W on e-bay or from a dealer for $500. $900 for a new reel? No thanks.
Maybe....but watch the prices shoooot up now!!! Seriously though, a vintage Perfect is in subjective terms worth a barrowload of any new Perfect...just my humble opinion!!
Keep 'em turning...the tills that is.
Tweedside

·
Registered
559 Posts
...and there is a 4 1/2" one -with a brass face....

...lurking around Speyside at 10% of the price you quote.....A bargain at soon to be historic price!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
A sport

that only nobility can afford?:rolleyes:

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Bob Pauli said:
A major factor is the diminished value of the US dollar vs. UK pound.
i don't know if the weak dollar effects are as bad as the increases.....i just checked my 2003 kaufmann's catalog....4" Mk IV is listed as 385 USD......you all can draw your own conclusions.

Gary

·
Registered
234 Posts
voodoofly said:
i don't know if the weak dollar effects are as bad as the increases.....i just checked my 2003 kaufmann's catalog....4" Mk IV is listed as 385 USD......you all can draw your own conclusions.

Gary
I have to agree...the percentage difference in currency does not justify the price increase on the reel..
I personally don't know anyone who owns any of the newer hardy reels or rod. So who is buying them??

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
exchange rates

the current exchange rate is about 20% more than in 2003. Without any inflation or price increase, a $385 2003 Bougle would cost $462 in current dollars. With the new cost of $900, they've basically doubled the price since 2003. Unfortunately, when they're discontinued in a few years, they'll sell for $500 instead of $250.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unexpected UK base rate increase

Bob's right on with this one. Additionally the UK just increased base rates to curb inflation (caused by rising full costs apparently), this will further strengthen sterling versus the dollar exacerbating the trend.

Barney

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
speystudent, I'm no economist, so please help me out in simple terms. It seems the UK base rate has been pretty stable since 2002

http://www.houseweb.co.uk/house/market/graph.html

Inflation has been 2-4% annually, and the exchange rate differs 20% from 2003-2007. So if I increase the price by 4% annually since 2003 (inflation) and then 20% more (exchange rate shift), we arrive at an expected 2007 cost of $540. That's a far cry from $900.

what is it? Somehow making a connection to Hardy reels allows me to get interested in monetary stuff, which otherwise puts me to sleep.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts