Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two new books that are out that might be of interest to tyers of spey flies. John Shewey has a new book out called "Steelhead Flies". Also Michael Radencich has written a book called "Classic Salmon Fly Materials". Have any of you had a chance to read either of them? I'm still mostly looking at the pictures.

·
124 Posts
Mines on order

I have the new Shewey book on order with Amazaon. It is suppose to ship Feb 1st. I have heard good things about the book and can't wait to get mine.

-Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mike Radencich's book

Mikes book is excellent. He covers some methods in ways to mount materials that he didn't cover in his first book. If you're into tying the classics you'll like this book.
Malcolm

·
Banned
974 Posts
I recently received one of John Shewey's books direct from John. It is a must have book; particularly for those of us who are not master tyers. I had it beside my vise within 24 hours of my receiving the book.

- David

·
Registered
445 Posts
Another new book.......

..............for the trout fishers,is Scott Sanchez's book"New Trout Flies". That may not be the exact title,but it is close. Spiral bound,a lot of pictures,and a lot of patterns. Mine is on the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts