Spey Pages banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with you guys the products of two amazing craftsman. The rod is built by Ryan white and is a 11’ 5wt that was flamed and then had another process done to darken it even more. I went with olive wraps tipped with light brown as I tend to fish a lot of olive flies for summer steel and sea run cutthroats so it seemed fitting as this is what the rod is for! When ryan offered to make me a new rod (he broke his personal rod slipped on some rocks!) in exchange for my old one I couldn’t say no!lol. The reel was made by Wayne Petrevan and is a 3 1/2” 2x retrieve with ebonite sides and polished frame with a handle of olive micarta. Amazing craftsmanship by both gentlemen and I can’t wait to fish this setup this fall! Sorry I tried to take some cool photos but my lighting sucks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
What the diameter?
3 3/4" diameter
1 1/4" inner width

Plan is for a Meiser 15' 6" 5 wt with a 390 SRO Ballistic Vector integrated line.

·
Registered
693 Posts
pretty pretty !
i have a petravan , one of my prize possessions . great work and a really nice guy wayne is . if you talk to him , ask him about going to see " rob robertson " 🤣

·
Registered
892 Posts
Very nice combo!
Having learnt the ropes from the new master James Reid, I can imagine it will be a sweet fishing rod, it certainly is good looking.
The Petrevan is also a looker, though perhaps a little on the heavy side for that 5wt, but nothing that couldn't be solved by a change of hand position. You can always get Ryan to make you one of his 7 weights! :p

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice combo!
Having learnt the ropes from the new master James Reid, I can imagine it will be a sweet fishing rod, it certainly is good looking.
The Petrevan is also a looker, though perhaps a little on the heavy side for that 5wt, but nothing that couldn't be solved by a change of hand position. You can always get Ryan to make you one of his 7 weights! :p
I already have one of his 7wt’s!😅
I fished this reel is real nice on the 5wt!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Called Wayne today and had a really lovely conversation. He's an interesting guy! I told him that your photographs pushed me over the edge. Now comes the 1-2 year wait...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts