Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Arkansas - home of the White River. I'm an avid single hand fly fisher and just purchased a Sage Trout Spey HD in 4wt to chase big browns, cutthroat and rainbows below Bull Shoals Dam. The White is a big river with daily flows from 2,000 CFS to 18,000 CFS. During those larger releases, particularly during winter shad kills, a single hand streamer rod is a lot of work. After a trip to Oregon in June visiting some awesome fly shops and spending time catching fish on the South Santiam with a great guide, I was able to learn about spey casting. After watching countless videos I was hooked and made the investment. Looking forward to learning from everyone in here and hopefully contributing helpful information as a rookie in two handed casting.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,907 Posts
Arkansas is on my bucket list for sure. I've seen pics and vids of this very special place.\

Welcome to the pages!

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome NWAdrew. You're in a great area, love The White River. Try going out around 10:00 pm and fishing big streamers that really push water. Lots of big fish in that river, at least there were in the '80s. We used single hand 9 ft 8 wt, but spey rods would be a blast!

·
Hacker
614 Posts
Lived in Fayetteville from '93 to 2002 and fished the White all of the time, a two-hand rod would be a blast!

·
Bob Rodgers
228 Posts
Welcome!
Moved out here from Mountain Home. Used to get some funny looks from folks fishing the White while I practiced with a two hander.

Best wishes,
Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts