Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy. When I was 18 things happened to my stuff too and I am not exactly sure what happened to the used spey rod that I gave him but it isn't pretty. The round rod case is more oval shaped and it's busted up pretty good, way beyond repair. I haven't accused him of it but I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't come in contact with the wrong end of a tire?

Anyway, it wasn't an expensive model and I bought it for him from a buddy for a little of nothing but Grandson Wyatt really liked it. It is toast.

So, while he is working diligently at $9.50 an hour getting ready for his freshman year at college I am asking you fellas if you have one sitting around I might purchase. He is joining me to the Bell Irving as well as our Deschutes Trip and I want him to have something that will work but not too expensive..really.

Anyone have one around like a 13' for 7 wt they are not using? Something not too expensive?

As an example of what he was happy with, the deceased rod was an old 5pc Cortland CL Graphite 12 6" for 5/6 (but it was definitely a heavier rod at about size 7wt).

Moderators...... Happy to comply with any suggestions on the post.....

Thanks guys

Loren
Bend

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Oh boy. When I was 18 things happened to my stuff too and I am not exactly sure what happened to the used spey rod that I gave him but it isn't pretty. The round rod case is more oval shaped and it's busted up pretty good, way beyond repair. I haven't accused him of it but I wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't come in contact with the wrong end of a tire?

Anyway, it wasn't an expensive model and I bought it for him from a buddy for a little of nothing but Grandson Wyatt really liked it. It is toast.

So, while he is working diligently at $9.50 an hour getting ready for his freshman year at college I am asking you fellas if you have one sitting around I might purchase. He is joining me to the Bell Irving as well as our Deschutes Trip and I want him to have something that will work but not too expensive..really.

Anyone have one around like a 13' for 7 wt they are not using? Something not too expensive?

As an example of what he was happy with, the deceased rod was an old 5pc Cortland CL Graphite 12 6" for 5/6 (but it was definitely a heavier rod at about size 7wt).

Moderators...... Happy to comply with any suggestions on the post.....

Thanks guys

Loren
Bend
Looks like a great post to me...just wish I had a rod to help you out. Rod tube meets tire, that's never a good thing. I'm sure someone on here will have a rod that will be just what you're after. Maybe add a budget if it's limited to "X" dollars for instance. Sorry to hear of his "loss"...;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
How about a 12'9" 7/8 guideline Lxi. Very lightly used. I like a 435 scandi on it. It says 500 skagit but never used one..225US$ shipped .
Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cabelas LSi

If an 8 weight 13 footer would work, I have a Cabelas LSi that I just don't use. Fished it twice. I picked it up on sale for $149 I think. I'd ship it to you for $125 CONUS. I have too many rods at the moment, and this one just doesn't see the water.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ross Reach 1307-4 with case

Only cast a handful of times. $175 shipped.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've seen used Echo Solo spey rods sell for around the $125-150 mark. Even better is the unconditional $35 no fault warranty replacement that they offer. Worth checking out.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ryan,
I'll take the Guideline for my buddy. Appreciate it a lot. Let me know your paypal email on a pm. I will be leaving in about an hour for the day and up in a spot with no cell range but back this evening.
Thanks again.
Loren (I wish I had me as a Grandpa)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
to the rescue

I just want to say thanks to you guys for the responses and offers. I am going to buy the Guideline rod for him.
Really, this forum and you guys are incredible and I know you showed prices lower than usual on rods to solve this thing for the Grandkid and I really appreciate that, and so thanks to all that offered rods.
Loren :smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
I just want to say thanks to you guys for the responses and offers. I am going to buy the Guideline rod for him.
Really, this forum and you guys are incredible and I know you showed prices lower than usual on rods to solve this thing for the Grandkid and I really appreciate that, and so thanks to all that offered rods.
Loren :smile2:
Isn't it amazing how instantaneous the gratification can be sometimes? :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bot....
It sure is! Well, it's for a good young man. He has caught only a few steelhead but fishes a lot and camps with some buddies. I think whatever happened to the rod happened recently on a trip to the Clackamas.
Wyatt incorporated steel heading into his college application and it worked. It's a great letter and maybe I should put it up for you guys.
Anyway thanks
Loren

1 - 19 of 19 Posts