Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a successful bidder on the recent auction for a Carron Jetstream 9/10 floating line.

Carron doesn't have the specs of this line listed on their home page, and the data on this site only shows the 10/11.

What is the weight of the line?

What is the head length?

What is the total length of the line?

Thanks.

·
Registered
886 Posts
E mail Carron and you should get an answer by the end of the week. Jimmy and Gwyneth have been away on holiday but should be back soon.
Hopefully the web site will be updated as well, I know the new photos are ready.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willie, thanks, I just sent an email to Jimmy.

What a great line this is, and it really balances Meise's 13689 SW two handed rod with the Spey Tip.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Hey Dave the only thing I know for sure is the head length on the 9/10 which is 65'.

The 10/11 lines total length is 150' with a head length of 75'.

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Remember

there seems to have been more that the usual variation with some of the Carron lines, at least in the 10/11. The one I have is closer to 68 feet than 75 for head length. I sent Aaron the weights and can't find them right now.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Are you sure you have found the back of the head? the rear taper is very long and there is little difference between the back of the back taper and the running line.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be nice if Carron marked the end of the heads on their lines

Willie Gunn said:
Are you sure you have found the back of the head? the rear taper is very long and there is little difference between the back of the back taper and the running line.
It is really difficult for me, and it would be nice if Carron marked the end of their head and beginning of the running line. :confused:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Micrometer caliper

was used to determine the end of the head and the beginning of the running line. I was measuring to .001 in every foot, so I am reasonably certain I was at the end of this head. This may have been non-standard. I know that happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Grampa Spey

The Stats you require for the Jetstreams are as follows.

9/10 65 foot head 150feet long 771 grains (Blue)
10/11 75 foot head 150feet long 833 grains (blue)
10/11 85 foot head "Long Belly" 150feet long 895 grains (light grey)

I hope this is off some help to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts