Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a meiser 14' 8/9/10 I'd like to load with a longbelly.

I have a eiser 15' 7/8/9 I'd like to load long on this one too..any suggestions?

I currently hav ethe 9/10 jetstream on another meiser and love it. However I dont; want to pay that money again. What I would like to do is get a lomg belly for a fair peice. Amy suggs?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Meiser 15789-5

I have really liked the 8/9 long delta on this rod. I know it is not a long belly, but it is very nice. I have not had a chance to fish it yet, but I have the XLT2 test line in #7 and that seems to be a very nice match. I have not had a chance to try the CND line, the approporiate GS, or the other two long bellies talked about on the Board (Buleah and Simon S).

The person with the best information is Bob Meiser. Give him a call, then get where you can try the lines or a test line from Red Shed.

Where in Oregon are you? You just missed a great chance to try out lines at the Sandy Clave. There should be a bunch of lines to try in the area of Bob's shop.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the 14' too. I have tried almost every line on it. The nextcast 8 wt is pretty cool, but hands down I think the old 7/8 xlt is the best line for this rod. It is unbelievable to me how sweet this combo is! For tips I have been using the mid-spey 9/10.

Let me know if you want to try the line out, I am in PDX. I also have other lines you could try for this rod, I have a DT, orvis long belly, and the airflo trad 9/10 long belly.
Dave

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Lines for Meiser 15' 7/8/9

I like both the CDN Gravity Point 8/9 and 9/10 lines on this rod. Talk to Meiser one of these lines will probably work on both your rods.

The Nextcast 9 wt. feels a little heavy. I am waiting for the 8 wt. to come available.

I believe the CND lines will be the best fishing lines because they are designed to accept tips. The Nestcast line is for when you want to throw the fly across the river.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts