Spey Pages banner

Need help with reel choice!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  spfd jason 
#1 ·
Bought a different rod and am having trouble figuring out what reel would balance it best. Not picky on the reel, I want it to be a good quality reel though. The rod it will be going on is a 14' CND expert 8/9/10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Checkout the Farlow's Python , very similar but half the price . Some very good reels in the UK market with vintage flair but not the crazy prices of the popular stuff . This makes for a very unique piece of kit . Checkout Farlows , JW Young , Shakespeare , Allcocks and Daiwa just to name a few . These reels are not popular in N.America , but all are built like tanks and stand up to an Atlantic salmon .

Good luck with your search :)

Mike

#6 ·
you can pick up Salmon 2 for as low as $250 on this site. the Korean version that is.

personally I think the Salmon 2 is too light for a 14' 9/10 rod. I would want something closer to 12 oz (Salmon 2 is 10oz and change).

What's your budget is the first question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.